Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Sure how could anyone write seven minutes worth of stuff on what clearly is a simple black and white issue?

• Michael D Higgins is a cunt

Who is the author? A very unbiased and one sided attack there. Ireland is a neutral country and a largely democratic country. While some on the left (Wallace) have over stepped/ backed the wrong horse at times, it’s very important that anti war voices are heard and issues are debated. The rant here seems opposed to democracy.

The EU is pushing for militarism and for a while now FFG have been gently pushing this agenda. This is something that deserves proper debate and not the type of brow beating and emotional blackmail on display here on the back of what’s going on in Ukraine.

1 Like

yes mate, the worst time to discuss Militarism is when Europe is under attack from a nuclear power

3 Likes

'This is something that deserves proper debate ’

7 minutes reading time is really ambitious alright when you can’t manage a 30 second post above :person_shrugging:t2:

Scott is always worth a listen
I’ve kindly provided a link to the OSCE report relating to the week prior to the ‘start’ of the war
https://listen.stitcher.com/yvap/?af_dp=stitcher://episode/208759737&af_web_dp=https://www.stitcher.com/episode/208759737&deep_link_value=stitcher://episode/208759737

Eh?

Neutral military wise

What does that mean? What does largely democratic mean?

Largely.

For the most part.

We vote for people then they do as they wish. Like for instance when the country was put under the controls of the IMF to save German bondholders - the average person didn’t get any say what so ever even tho it greatly affected them and future generations.

It’s a form of democracy i guess.
My fear is ffg will sign us up to some form of military agreement without the nation having a say. Despite @Raylan and his friend who wrote the piece above being anti debate i think we need to be very guarded about how ffg are trying to guide us towards abandoning our neutrality at the behest of the EU.

That’s incorrect. The main opposition party in the 2011 election called for a renegotiation, which they attempted. They were the biggest party at the general election. The vast bulk of our debt was to pay for current day matters

1 Like

I think the likes of Wallace and Daly are an embarrassment but there’s a lot of silly exaggeration and inaccuracies in that article also.

Nothing to do with anything but carry on.

Well it is. You made two statements, both incorrect.

Did the government go to the people when they decided to secure the German bondholders and invited the imf in? A simple yes or no will do

The Government don’t have to.

We don’t live in Switzerland.

You cant even give a simple yes or no
… I never said they had to. You clearly cant follow the trail here or you just want to shoehorn in absolute rubbish :person_shrugging:t2:

Reductive “yes or no” questions when you’re cornered is weaksauce.

The country had every chance to reject the IMF EU deal, they didn’t vote for parties who did that. There was that option.

What are you even talking about? Youve jumped in two footed and completely missed the point.

The free postage is gone. It was being abused as discussed earlier.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/1123/1337896-an-post-ukraine/