Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

There should really be a ā€˜safeā€™ version of tfk, where lads are protected from irks

2 Likes

In fairness to @glenshane he had this months ago

Could you throw up the 17th draft there like a good lad 'till I have a look at it?
Just wondering how much of Ukraine they were giving to Russia?

Not sureā€¦none of it is what i recall at the time

Nobody wanted any sort of an agreement with an aggressive Russia when the war started. How could you or theyā€™d just keep invading more regions or possibly other countries.

Even poor Sabina Higgins got slated for suggesting it. Itā€™s Russia out, or nothing. And Iā€™d have to agree with that based on how the war is going.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s simplistic to the point of childishness. The west did negotiate with russia- in regards to Ukraine, and countless other matters . Zelensky was elected on the promise of implementing the agreement reached. Merkel and a couple of other European leaders recently confirmed that they had no intention of honouring the accords. Ukrainian right wing politicians publicly stated theyā€™d publicly hang their president if he tried honouring these agreements.

Apparently this ā€œagreementā€ (you realise what drafts are, right?) included Vladimir Putin guaranteeing that Zelensky wouldnā€™t be killed.

This just doubles down on what a hero he is. He rejected a deal that would have saved his own skin.

More simplistic misty eyed nonsense. The Ukrainian press reported that boris flew in to threaten the withdrawal of security guarantees. I suppose heā€™s another hero of karen and breda?

Mate the ā€œdraftā€ agreements headline was a guarantee by Putin that he wouldnā€™t kill Zelensky.

He rejected that, putting himself in harms way. You have to now admit that was very brave, even if you are determined to double down with Russian Imperialist fanboiā€™ing.

He did what he was told. His life would be in more danger if heā€™d signed it.
Iā€™ve not much interest or insight into how heroic he isā€¦i donā€™t know if he had much control over the military/sectarian campaign. Prior to putins invasion he didnā€™t have the authority to call a ceasefire in Eastern Ukraine, and he did tell russian speakers to get outā€¦for the sake of their children.

Youā€™re very interested in saying that Zelenskyy is told what to do by the West and claiming the agreements are scuppered by them.

There were various attempts at the life of Ukranian presidents and presidential candidates by Russia before. In fact as these ā€œagreementsā€ were at draft stage Russia were attacking Ukraine and had made attempts at the life of Zelenskyy.

The easiest thing for him to do was capitulate to Russia to save his own skin.

Thatā€™s what Yanukovych did. He was gun ho about standing up to the Big Business interests in Eastern Ukranian and to go ahead with an EU deal until it didnā€™t make personal sense for him anymore.

How do you square that with failing to implement his election promises? Heā€™d a massive mandate but capitulated to his nazi element.
Anyway, youā€™ve no interest beyond some simplistic fairy-talesque propaganda narrative.

Square what?

Iā€™m simply pointing out that he had a guarantee of personal security but spurned that. You have to admit that is very brave of him.

He could have done a Yanukovych, who shat himself after being warned of being invaded and the threats of Big Business in Eastern Ukraine.

Sigh

Nuanced

I found it very funny that Seymour Hersh thinks Jens Stoltenberg has been a completely trusted cooperator with the American intelligence community going back to the days of the Vietnam War.

That would be the same Vietnam War that ended when Stoltenberg had just turned 16.

Senility is an awful thing.

1 Like

Shur who needs jens hirsch. It didnā€™t take much investigation to work out who blew the thing up, especially since blinken, nuland and biden said they were going to do itā€¦
Why lads are so partisan about it is beyond me

It doesnā€™t take much investigation to know that Seymour Butts hasnā€™t been taken seriously by anybody with a tither a wit for a loooong time precisely because he is so partisan and doesnā€™t let pesky things like facts, context and basic reality get in the way of his partisan narrative.

I knowā€¦but biden etc did sayā€¦unfortunate that