Ryan Tubridy

In fairness the west Galway crowd have always been firmly against outsiders.

Who listens to the radio at the weekend ?

8 -10am on RTE on Sat and Sun mornings is good for you.

Have a read of the dazzler thread.

You can’t listen to Huey on BBC Radio 6 during the week. Would only listen to the radio at the weekend personally.

2 Likes

I don’t really hear the radio anymore I listen to so many sporting podcasts.

I was only thinking earlier about listening to 2pm on a Saturday 17-18 years ago. I’ve no idea who the presenters were but they used to give hints on what would happen on the new series of lost and friends which would premiere on the Monday in Rte.

They’re spot on to slate that utter slug Tubridy.

I do. Huey and Cerys on BBC 6. Cracking shows.and Movies and Musicals on Lyric

1 Like

Jesus, not again🤣

I remember Roundstone had proper RTÉ royalty like Don Cockburn visiting

Cillian Murphy on Sunday nights

1 Like

https://twitter.com/damienwlr/status/1725096200955715650?t=GQxSJmizkUzM7GJKHVhWJg&s=19

Sure you can listen to any radio show from anywhere in the world now online. Or you can flick down through the channels on the telly to get to the radio listings & listen to all manner of no marks & has beens on the likes of Heart or Virgin Radio in England or whatever. I think Damien Tiernan is overstating the potential impact of this.

3 Likes

Damien Tiernan is a bit of a drama queen

I can picture the stern, earnest look on his face while penning this tweet (are they still called Tweets?)

Relax Damien petal.

Damian Tiernan and Ciaran Mulloolly have an awful axe to grind with the world since they left RTE for some reason.

If work was in the bed, Damian would sleep on the floor.

2 Likes

I have a memory of a syndicated show DJed by Alice Cooper being broadcast on 2fm. Furthermore Lyric broadcast a syndicated opera show from the New York Met every Saturday night.

1 Like

Can you say he’d sleep in a bed of queers anymore?

Tubridys little clip with Chris Evans there was fairly cuntish and I like him a little bit less every time I see him but this is a fantastic job for him surely? Chris Evans seems a relatively big name and the Irish simulcast is great for him too