Ryan Tubridy

He’s on Q102 mate so you’re factually correct. You could literally fit the listeners into one shed.

1 Like

And a whole lot more. If you build it they will come. The roaster women will come for the prodigal ToyMan.

On weekends, he will present a dedicated Irish weekend show across Wireless Ireland stations on Dublin’s Q102, Cork’s 96FM, Live 95 in Limerick and LMFM.

I for one hope he succeeds. A lad i know does a few radio ads and they pay by the station. The marketing companies dont usually bother with shitty local stations but if tubs builds a following he’ll be quids in you’d think. Good luck to Ryan and the ghost of Sinead.

2 Likes

I just hope his weekend show is a live affair where Ryan can have guests in studio to talk about the weekend papers & cultural/political events etc in his typically breezy & endearing manner. Naturally with plenty of tunes being spun by the popular former RTÉ man too. What I fear, however, is that it’ll be one of those pre-packaged syndicated efforts which will be recorded on a Thursday or Friday afternoon. Like those efforts you get on an Aer Lingus flight to America. “Here’s popular Irish media personality Tom Dunne with a best of Irish music playlist sponsored by Fitzpatrick Hotels.” I don’t want cookie cutter, I want authentic & bespoke.

3 Likes

The people of Roundstone think he’s an absolute creep

3 Likes

I’d say @glenshane could tell us a thing or two about expensive auld bags

6 Likes

In fairness the west Galway crowd have always been firmly against outsiders.

Who listens to the radio at the weekend ?

8 -10am on RTE on Sat and Sun mornings is good for you.

Have a read of the dazzler thread.

You can’t listen to Huey on BBC Radio 6 during the week. Would only listen to the radio at the weekend personally.

2 Likes

I don’t really hear the radio anymore I listen to so many sporting podcasts.

I was only thinking earlier about listening to 2pm on a Saturday 17-18 years ago. I’ve no idea who the presenters were but they used to give hints on what would happen on the new series of lost and friends which would premiere on the Monday in Rte.

They’re spot on to slate that utter slug Tubridy.

I do. Huey and Cerys on BBC 6. Cracking shows.and Movies and Musicals on Lyric

1 Like

Jesus, not again🤣

I remember Roundstone had proper RTÉ royalty like Don Cockburn visiting

Cillian Murphy on Sunday nights

1 Like

https://twitter.com/damienwlr/status/1725096200955715650?t=GQxSJmizkUzM7GJKHVhWJg&s=19

Sure you can listen to any radio show from anywhere in the world now online. Or you can flick down through the channels on the telly to get to the radio listings & listen to all manner of no marks & has beens on the likes of Heart or Virgin Radio in England or whatever. I think Damien Tiernan is overstating the potential impact of this.

3 Likes

Damien Tiernan is a bit of a drama queen