Ryan Tubridy

Yeatsie, I can’t get over how they can actually serve that show up in its format, it is so incredibly similar to Leno etc. This is what RTE are reduced to, devoid of their own ideas they simply rip off other formats, we’ve seen this time and again with Who Want’s to Be a Millionaire? The Weakest Link, a host of reality TV shows and then Tubridy’s shameless production. Coupled with the most beige man in showbusiness - Pat Kenny - tying up friday night’s ‘entertainment’, I’m beginning to wonder are the RTE svengalis in cahoots with the VFI, driving the people out of the house at the weekend.

I have been championing that theory for years!

You are indeed a most perceptive young man Runty. If I had two divisions of men like you, our troubles here in this country would be over.

Both men were reasonable enough on the radio - Tubridy is shite in his current radio format but he used to be ok on that Sunday morning papers round-up he did.

Still nothing excuses the utter dross that they put out on a Friday and Saturday night. I’d give Kenny a small bit more credit because dreadful as his show is at least there’s some effort at originality now and again. That’s all flung out the window though when they get some bint from Coronation Street on and that’s supposed to pass as Friday night entertainment.

The other mess of a cabaret show on Saturdays is just a disaster. How somone in RT can get paid for being the “creative” force behind that show is a mystery. It’s appallingly derivative. Everything that’s crap about the US format just repackaged cheaply and presented by a fucking tool. Have a real dislike for that prick.

[quote=“therock67”]Both men were reasonable enough on the radio - Tubridy is shite in his current radio format but he used to be ok on that Sunday morning papers round-up he did.

Still nothing excuses the utter dross that they put out on a Friday and Saturday night. I’d give Kenny a small bit more credit because dreadful as his show is at least there’s some effort at originality now and again. That’s all flung out the window though when they get some bint from Coronation Street on and that’s supposed to pass as Friday night entertainment.

The other mess of a cabaret show on Saturdays is just a disaster. How somone in RT can get paid for being the “creative” force behind that show is a mystery. It’s appallingly derivative. Everything that’s crap about the US format just repackaged cheaply and presented by a fucking tool. Have a real dislike for that prick.[/quote]

Lets be honest here though lads- the talk show format isn’t highly original now is it- either you go for light entertainment fluff which Tubridy is doing or you do some more current affairs which Kenny tries to do.

Jonathan Ross does a better version of Tubridy, there’s a lad called Stefan Rab that does a show in Germany TV Total that funnily enough for the Germans is quite good.

Not certain that anybody does the current affairs talk show very well although it pains me to say that Gaybo probably did it better than most.

I do believe that Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show is probably the best show around but it is a much shorter format.

Any suggestions on who could take over from both of Tubridy or Kenny?

WBY

Was it not TV3 who had the weakest link?

Either way RTE are a sham.

Another thing, RTE can’t do live music. The excellent Fujiya & Miyagi were on Tubriday at the end and they sounded like utter shite. The sound was rubbish. I played with my band years ago on the Late Late and we had a similar problem (although I admit that we actually were quite shit).

[media=youtube]f4OZLg5M-gw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4OZLg5M-gw

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Another thing, RTE can’t do live music. The excellent Fujiya & Miyagi were on Tubriday at the end and they sounded like utter shite. The sound was rubbish. I played with my band years ago on the Late Late and we had a similar problem (although I admit that we actually were quite shit).

[/quote]

All the bands that play on the Late Late or TT are miming to a backing track. They don’t even leave them sing.

Fujiya & Miyagi were playing live. And we were too. I don’t know about anyone else to be honest because I never watch either show if I can help it.

Thrawneen,

Have you heard F&M’s new album? What do you think of it? I thought their first one was smashing but this one is appears to be just a rehash of it. They have another album as well haven’t they?

Case in point there, Mary Coughlan miming away for about 20 seconds before the audio kicked in. Mortifying…

Speaking of miming. This years AI Hurling Final. The dudes on at half time. The high kings. They played the first song, and then mimed the second. Could not believe it.

That was surreal. I was sitting there watching it and I was incredulous. Four clowns standing on a bit of a wooden stage in the middle of the pitch miming like a pack of idiots as the sound system had their song fooking thundering out. They just looked ridiculous.

Half time entertainment during the All Ireland is absolute gash. If it’s not some shite Irish dancing, it’s this tenor shite or the Dublin City Ramblers playing the banjo.

The football final this year was equally hilarious. Some apparently world renowned accordion player called Liam O’Connor. The match programme said he was famous for having the fastest fingers in the west.

it certainly isnt the superbowl half time show

There should be Nn need for half time entertainment at either the AIHF or AIFF.
Far too americanised for my liking.
Bring out the primary school kids and let them play, gives them a nice little taster for what the future could be like.

WBY

Irish TV and radio broadcaster Ryan Tubridy joins Radio 2 for summer shows

Date: 09.05.2011

Category: Radio 2

BBC Radio 2 today announced that from Saturday 23 July 2011, Ryan Tubridy will make his presenting debut on the station.

The Irish television and radio presenter will kick off his eight week stint on the network this summer when he sits in for Graham Norton on his Saturday morning show (10am-1pm).

On making the move to Radio 2 Ryan says: “I am very much looking forward to my brief tenure with Radio 2. It’s a station that is steeped in pop cultural history and I consider it an honour to look after Graham Norton’s studio while he’s away on a well-earned break. I will continue as host of Tubridy on RTE 2 FM, a show I love presenting, so while it will be a busy summer, it’ll be a bit of an adventure, so here goes…”

Born in Blackrock, Dublin, Ryan Tubridy is arguably the biggest chat show host and television presenter in Ireland. As the host of Ireland’s most popular TV chat show (as well as the world’s longest-running) The Late Late Show attracts an A-list calibre of guest stars. His radio career has spanned a decade, and includes stints on Ireland’s RTE Radio 1, presenting Morning Glory and The Sunday Show. He currently presents Tubridy, broadcast weekday mornings on RTE 2fm.

Lewis Carnie, Head of Programmes, Radio 2 and 6 Music, said: “It’s always exciting to introduce new voices to the schedule, and I’m delighted that we’ve managed to persuade another of Ireland’s biggest stars to work his magic on Radio 2.”

Graham Norton will return on Saturday 17 September.

CH

He really is the new Gay Byrne. He’ll even have his own failed UK broadcasting career to prove it.

Pencil necked cunt.