Ryanair

O’Leary was saying the cancellations will cost them 5m plus another 30m in customer compensation. Bonuses offered aren’t too bad 6k and 12k, especially for the first officers as they are paid fuck all. But they won’t get them until November 2018 which seems a bit stupid.

They are slave driving cunts. Bear in mind the profit forecast for this year is 1.3 billion. Pilots dead right to unionise.

2 Likes

Is that so they’ll have to stay until then?

Don’t know, possibly. But delaying a bonus for 12 months when you’re giving your holidays up now seriously weakens the incentive.

It’s long been a widely held belief that the reason Ryanair didn’t have unions were the staff were well looked after. Doesn’t appear to be the case. Ryanair will need to pay up or fuck off, O’Leary’s beautiful free market is coming back to bite him. Pilots seem to be in demand and short on supply.

Especially when €6k becomes €3k by the time you get it.

The lads smell blood. Fair play to them. They’re supposed to be absolute cunts to work for which is unnecessary with those profit levels. The delayed bonus are obviously stay incentives, fucking ridiculous thing to do in this scenario and highlights the disdain management have for the staff. It’s a complete us versus them mentality in there.

I hope the workers stick it to the man, but wait until after my flight in two weeks to do so.

2 Likes

Ryanair is like the Big 4 Training for pilots.
Go in, get worked like a dog for a few years and then once you have the necessary experience you leave for a better job.

Yeah I’m booked with them too in a month or so. My flight not yet on the list of cancellations anyway.

I think the list has about 400 flights with 4 or 5 dates each. Which hopefully covers most or all. I’ve 6 flights with them over the coming weeks , they offer a great service.

I dunno where you heard that? Staff can’t even charge their mobile phones in Ryanair plus cabin crew have to buy their uniform

:smile:That can’t be true?

A well known fact.
Also cabin crew pay for their own training also. If they can’t pay the €3k upfront they can get a good rate of credit from the company and pay it back over a period of time.

Yep.

Depends how much money is in it for you.

Really? Even for Ryanair that sounds absolutely cuntish.

And pay for their training. @Brimmer_Bradley posted it there as well but in much better detail.

At least if a big four trainee fucks up it doesn’t kill you.

The auditors of Anglo etc have a fair bit of blood on their hands