Ryanair

Yeah that was it, building up flying hours. So if Ryanair don’t do it then most Paddy Pilots would have to pay themselves? Or do Aer Lingus sponsor pilots?

Aer Lingus did up until early 00’s. Haven’t done it since then

Or the air corps

What’s in it for them if the pilots go commercial then?

My flights to the UK are unaffected this weekend :clap: Fulll steam ahead for Ravens and Jags game Sunday.

3 Likes

You need to repay the training with time served or buy your way out

2 Likes

The 100K is just for the commercial licence. In order to fly a particular type of aircraft eg 737-800 you need to be type rated which for the above aircraft which Ryanair operate costs around 30K. If you want to fly a different type of aircraft or an Airbus for example you must shell out again. A lot of airlines do cover this cost for their captains

1 Like

they don’t even have to land the plane ffs, a computer can do it, pilots have been mugging us off for years, its the same as driving a car in terms of responsibly and skill

The unions have Michael by the bollix.

O’Leary should be running the country, shareprice rising already again, the man is a genius, I just booked a load of flights to Oireland for about 20 quid a pop

Welcome to the Ryanair lottery. Buy a ticket, get a plane, and hope to fuck there’s a pilot there to fly it.

if you don’t like them, don’t fly with them, todays announcement has brought certainty, the share price today reflects this, O’Leary owns European Air travel, a legend, his planes flying the Irish flag allover Europe, he should be running the ciountry

So they admit that they were overtrading.

Thinly veiled - I resent MOL causing passengers hardship, that’s the transport union’s job

Now we’ve been through this already.
If the proper leave reserve ratio was in place this would have been avoided.
It’s stuff Ike that that unions are there for, to ensure proper leave for its members. But micko wasn’t having it, costing the company at least €20mill and jeopardising everyone’s jobs.

He’s made several billion before he lost the €20 million.

Your counter argument is AerLingus circa 1985, Bus Eireann or Irish Rail.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one …

We’ll only know in time how much damage was done by Mickos petulance and blatant disregard for staff and customers alike.
He might brush off the first 20mil but next years profits will be the real gauge.
Sure it’s playing right into Norwegian als plans.

I think “most” is the salient word here.

2 Likes

great deals to be had lads