Ryanair

:rolleyes: :lol:

They do the job for a price, no more no less. Bit like hookers really

FFS Kerry? A useful service?

For people who want to go to Kerry its very useful.

Just drive to/from Shannon.

Are you retarded? What would be the point in flying to Shannon and driving to Kerry?

Why would Ryanair opperate at a loss just to satisfy a local community. No chance, they’re dead right.

Because they are being subsidised to do so.

:clap:

Please don’t embarrass yourself with such ludcirous responses.

“For people who want to go to Kerry it’s very useful”

Well OK then, what about people who want to go to Longford? Why should they drive from Dublin airport, why not open an airport in Longford Town and subsidise Ryanair to fly into Longford while they make a huge loss? I’ll tell you why, because that would be fucking thick my friend.

You’re talking through your hole I’m afraid mate

So you say that Ryanair should continue servicing Farannfore at a loss just to keep a few Kerry people and the government happy? No they’ll keep their shareholders happy, just like any business.

That’s their own fault for going in and pushing the incumbent out and taking government funding for doing it. They can’t have it both ways.

According to google maps Dublin to Longford takes 1hr 17 mins.
Dublin to Killarney takes 3hrs 39 mins.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that

The loss making flights are being subsidised. As Mac says they purely did it to kill off Aer Arann.
The flights are essential to keep whatever business there is in Kerry going. Its already an unemployment blackspot.

I would say that Kilarney to Cork Airport would take roughly the same amount of time

Job availability in Kerry will be fine. Sure didn’t some village shopkeeper down there buy Goodbody’s from AIB the other day for €25m to create a bit of employment?

Theres no point in driving two hours to Cork from Tralee, to fly back up to Dublin and have to get back to the city from the airport. You’d be better off driving up.

By the way Longford is within two hours by road to 5 airports. Galway, Dublin, Knock, Sligo and Derry.

Julio cleaning house here… :clap:

That wont add any jobs i’d say bando. Rumours of a big upcoming announcement for jobs in North Kerry though. I’ll claim it as a tfk exclusive when it comes to pass.

I heard Ryanair to London flights are finishing up in Farranfore next week. Aer Arann’s fortunes are improving which may result in them returning.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/printing-error-causes-3-free-cars-won-on-one-ryanair-flight

PRINTING ERROR CAUSES 3 FREE CARS WON ON ONE RYANAIR FLIGHT

MORE SCRATCHCARD ERRORS MAY STILL BE AVAILABLE ADMITS RYANAIR

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (26th Apr) confirmed that due to a printing error with its €2 scratchcard game three passengers on one flight from Milan to Madrid on 20th April last each won a free car worth over €13,000.

Ryanair generally releases one free car in its €2 scratchcard game each month but admitted that it doesn’t know whether there are any more of these printing error €2 scratchcards still on sale on its flights.

Ryanair’s Daniel de Carvalho said:

“Ryanair and Brandforce (the company which runs our €2 scratchcard game) have launched an enquiry into how this printing error caused 3 €13,000 cars to be won on one flight from Milan to Madrid last week.

We remain concerned that this print run – which covers €2 scratchcards up to the end of June – may contain further print errors leading to an unexpected ratio of car winners for Ryanair passengers playing our €2 scratchcard game.

Both Ryanair and Brandforce have confirmed that they will honour all car winners regardless of how many crop up between now and the end of June and we will sort out our losses with Brandforce at the end of this print run.”

:rolleyes:

That’s gas, I never bothered to buy those tickets before but I definitely will now the next time I fly with them.

Obvious publicity stunt I’d say, no cars were won or are even available to be won is my guess at the true nature of this story.

Exactly. The sales of these things are going to go through the roof now…