Ryanair

Ah lovely.

I flew to Naples also. Naples is class. The airport was an increasingly hair raising and close run series of hurdles, and having arrived in the building 2 and a half hours before the flight, we made it by about 30 seconds, with no eating drinking or shopping.
My sister who lived in Italy for a couple of years, and still travels to work there said you’d be mad not to arrive at an Italian airport three hours before departure.
Italy is absolutely lovely.
I have zero sympathy left for people still claiming the “frontline covid hero” shite at this stage.
Carl was an idiot playing chicken with Ryanair.
“We boarded last to protect fellow passengers in case we were infected by our frontline jobs”
That’ll make all the difference if you have Covid Carl

5 Likes

Once your luggage is on the plane, it’s a safe bet

If it’s a shitty Ryanair plane then it’s not

I avoid Ryanair where possible, but with them, any sensible person should know that they are looking for any excuse not to let you on the plane.
Their game, their rules.
The queues move quickly enough, and if they’re calling boarding, you’d be foolish not to be in it.

1 Like

Ryanair only care about turnaround times. If you have a bag checked in with them you are probably also safe as it will be faster for them to let you on the plane than to search for your bag and offload it. If you don’t have a bag it’s very easy offload you and you’re gone, but you should be fine up to 10 mins before departure.

1 Like

plus ex-helicopter driver.

Simply not true. It’s then at the sole discretion of the pilot, who may well just tell you to sling your hook.
I’ve been on planes where this has happened

Sure someone has to be last to board.

An someone has to be first.
Don’t bother if you don’t want, but you’re playing with fire on Ryanair.

Boarding is scheduled to end ten minutes before departure, you’re usually grand up to that point.

Carl is obviously not one of those top of the queue lunatics like @TheUlteriorMotive. Being last in the queue behind his girlfriend was unfortunate for Carl. He seems a laid back individual and has irritated the O’Leary cap doffers no end. Je suis Carl.

Carl’s frontline-worker status has fuck all to do with this yet, as a frontline-worker, Carl feels obliged to crowbar that into every interaction

1 Like

It specifically tells you to be at the gate between twenty and thirty minutes before departure depending upon which airline you are using.
If you arrive at the gate ten minutes before scheduled departure, you are playing russian roulette with your trip.

1 Like

Ryanair is Ryanair. It’s the nature of the beast.

1 Like

No doubt but it shows how demented the Covid has driven the forum when they believe Ryanair over a medical professional.

Bumping this for the day that’s in it.

4 Likes

I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle regarding the timing.
The fact that the “frontline worker” got on the plane last supposedly to protect other passengers in case he had covid from his “frontline job” shows him for what he is.

3 Likes

The main frontline workers were working cash registers or were in care homes with no PPE.

4 Likes

It does. The idea of that is to have everyone already assembled at the gate when boarding begins. You’re correct that it is safer to follow their instructions and be there in good time, of course it is. Ryanair have a 40 minute turnaround time. Boarding is scheduled to open 30 mins before departure and close 10 minutes before departure, door of the plane closes soon after, once the headcounts and bagcounts are ok.

Michael O’Leary should be running the country.

2 Likes