Ryanair

So to O’Leary its only €2 so just pay it and shut up but so to turn this around on O’Leary its only €2 is your company that stuck for money that it needs to charge people this. He should just have included it in the price and no one would have questioned it.

Either O’Leary is incredibly stupid for doing this the way he has or he did it on purpose to generate the attention the airline is getting.

He got 45 on Joe Duffy and probably another 30 on Sean OROURKE

It’s shown separately on the price. People can choose to pay or not.

2 Likes

O’Leary is a master of promotion and advertising, imagine if he was Taoiseach

Ryanair spent 2 years trying to soften their image and just when it was working they went back to playing the bad guy .

Well that’s definitely not true

2 Likes

I don’t think they see this as a particularly serious issue. Either the people who want to sit together pay the small additional fee or else everyone ends up paying a bit more. We all know the score with booking a flight with them at this stage

1 Like

People have little to complain about in the general scheme of things.

2 Likes

The Aer Lingus experience is a whole lot worse than Ryanair. Their flight attendants are some of the most obnoxious cunts you are likely to meet. Their website is crap and app is non-existant. Their half-decent rewards programme was destroyed by joining Avios and the customers in turn have been raped.

They then market themselves as Ireland’s only 4 star airline. At least Ryanair don’t pretend to be something they’re not

3 Likes

Ryanair are as good an Airline as any to fly with. No bolloxing, pay your fare, leave on time and arrive on time.

4 Likes

Diddle do do dooooo

1 Like

If there’s a podcast of Joe Duffy today, ye should go back and have a listen

People have short memories too aer lingus spent decades gouging people when they had a monopoly position

4 Likes

Have you ever left Ireland on time on an Aer Lingus flight?

2 Likes

Definitely more leg room in Aer Lingus.

Ryanair lengthen the flight time. That way they are nearly always on time.

Of the approx. 200 times I’ve flown with Aer Lingus over the past 10 years I’d say the flight has left on time about 15-20% of the time. When I compare with other airlines like Lufthansa, Air France or BA I’d say the percentage rises to about 40-50. Aer Lingus have got to the stage now where delays are acceptable and they don’t even offer an apology or explanation.

Most other airlines will apologise and give a reasoned explanation for the delay. I’ve even seen the captain exit the cockpit once on a Lufthansa flight and explain to the customers face to face why the flight has been delayed. It’s something small but it’s a courtesy that that Aer Lingus feel they don’t need to offer to passengers who they’ve inconvenienced.

A lot of airlines will offer a complimentary drink and snack to passengers on a delayed flight, I’ve never gotten that from Aer Lingus

2 Likes
1 Like

That sounds about right. If I’m booking an Aer Lingus flight I now accept that it will leave 30-60 minutes later than scheduled.

Why are they so frequently late? It’s hardly the pilot in finishing a pint each time? Who are they not paying ?

There’s no more comfort on an Aer Lingus flight either. There’s a noticeable difference between Ryanair and say a BA flight for short haul trips, but fuck all difference between Aer Lingus and Ryanair.

There are some obvious downsides to a Ryanair flight, the seats being slightly too upright to sleep comfortably and the constant PA chatter being the worst for me. But more often than not the price difference is enough to justify putting up with it.