Ryder Cup 2014 - Gleneagles, Scotland

Darren Clarke is seemingly 2/7 favourite for the captaincy in 2016. Phil will be 46 by then as well. If he’s not making it as a player, he’s the outstanding candidate to be captain.

He lost his wife, and he had BBC sports personality of the year ripped from his grasp at the last minute. No need for you to stick the boot in too.

I can’t believe we got well beat by a team containing Poulter, Westwood, Gallacher, McIlcunt, McDole and Bjorn.

A new low.

Long way back but we will rise again because we don’t know any other way

You just dont get it fella.

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1024236, member: 48”]I can’t believe we got well beat by a team containing Poulter, Westwood, Gallacher, McIlcunt, McDole and Bjorn.

A new low.

Long way back but we will rise again because we don’t know any other way[/QUOTE]

Injury problems were just too much to overcome.

He was a cunt trying to shaft mcginley’s captaincy nomination

If only that was all he was trying to shaft.

They certainly have plenty in common.

Which has nothing to do with my point, even if it were true, which its not. He has a carefully nurtured family values image, a common puke inducing feature of American celebrities.

His shafting of Watson was disgusting, in particular in the place where Watson is an adopted son. He was like a raging bull because Watson dropped him on Saturday after he had trouble hauling his fat ass up the few slopes on the front 9 on Friday. The reason Watson paired him with Gallagher on Sunday is that was the only European he was likely to beat. He is a serious contender for cunt of the year and only your faux American bullshit possibly saves him from that on this site, where knowledge of things American are pathetic at best.

The amount of soccer-style chanting going on over the weekend was most unedifying.

At least that’s the end of this contrived spectacle of a pensioner’s hobby for the next however many years they hold it.

For once, we are in agreement

[QUOTE=“labane1917, post: 1024333, member: 1521”]Which has nothing to do with my point, even if it were true, which its not. He has a carefully nurtured family values image, a common puke inducing feature of American celebrities.

His shafting of Watson was disgusting, in particular in the place where Watson is an adopted son. He was like a raging bull because Watson dropped him on Saturday after he had trouble hauling his fat ass up the few slopes on the front 9 on Friday. The reason Watson paired him with Gallagher on Sunday is that was the only European he was likely to beat. He is a serious contender for cunt of the year and only your faux American bullshit possibly saves him from that on this site, where knowledge of things American are pathetic at best.[/QUOTE]

The captains each deliver a list of players in 1-12 order and then 1 plays 1, 2 plays 2 and so on in the Sunday singles. So it is a blind draw as to which players meet each other and your comment about Big Phil and Gallacher is therefore factually incorrect.

@Colin Montgomerie he is obviously on the WUM, don’t take the bait

oh such japes…

Ah

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 1024396, member: 1137”]@Colin Montgomerie he is obviously on the WUM, don’t take the bait[/QUOTE]toooo late

[ATTACH=full]1770[/ATTACH]

Jesus fucking Christ what a stook.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1003632, member: 183”][B]Feng Shui “guru” the key to Dublin success

by Whacker Keaveney, The Northside Shout, August 20th, 2014[/B]

It’s generally accepted that the Dublin football team have taken preparation to a level unprecedented in GAA history, with fitness coaches, dietary experts, sports psychologists and an extensive team of statisticians all helping Jim Gavin’s men achieve an optimum level of performance.

But what is perhaps less known is that Dublin have also been employing the services of world renowned Irish Feng Shui expert Dr. Diarmuid Couch. Better known for his work on BBC’s “Changing Rooms”, Couch is now revolutionising the area of pre-match preparation by literally changing Dublin’s changing room. The Eastern philosophy of harmonisation of the body with the surrounding environment is being used by the men from the East as their secret weapon in their bid to retain the All-Ireland, and so far, it’s working.

"I suppose it all began when my wife was hounding me to buy a new sofa for the sitting room and she made me watch “Changing Rooms”, said manager Jim Gavin. “I was immediately impressed with Dr. Diarmuid’s work. For us, it’s about maximising our harmonisation in a balanced, holistic environment to achieve optimisation of resources within a framework of streamlined positivity, and Diarmuid is a key part of that.”

“Diarmuid and myself have worked to translate the five elements of Feng Shui - metal, earth, fire, water and wood into a comprehensive philosophy that encompasses all elements of Gaelic football. Metal symbolises that we need to be hard. Earth tells us that we need to be grounded. Fire is what needs to be in our bellies going out onto the pitch. Water reminds us to always stay properly hydrated. Wood demonstrates, eh actually I’m not sure what that demonstrates, you’ll have to ask him that.”

Couch and his team move into the Croke Park dressing room three days before each match to set it up exactly to his specifications. It’s a logistical operation which is only slightly less complicated than that needed to set up the stage for large concerts at the venue.

“It’s not cheap, but we believe it’s absolutely worthwhile and all thanks to our sponsors AIG, Vodafone, Google, Microsoft, Shell Oil, Budweiser, Ford, Etihad Airlines, Coca-Cola, and Paddy’s Centra, Killester for making it possible”, says Gavin.

Large framed prints of Dublin successes of yesteryear adorn the walls, which are painted in a pastel shade of blue with navy architraves and skirting, to match the Dublin colours. Each player is invited to bring an item from home, be it a cushion, a clock, or an ornament to make them feel comfortable - but each item must be below 50cm at its widest point so as to avoid clutter. Each player’s locker contains a personalised pillow, small potted plant, and personalised good luck message from a Dublin supporter.

Couch’s attention to detail shines through. “Everything has to be right, from the positioning of the pictures down to the position of the lampshades. Even the slightest misalignment of a picture frame can create negative energy. It’s crucial to avoid that, Even though I like to use corner sofa units in my day to day work, I avoid this with Dublin, as we never want to be cornered. Each sofa the players sit on is made from the same material as an O’Neill’s size 5. We want to feel comfortable with the ball, and the best way of promoting that is by feeling comfortable with the material its made from, even when not playing or training, and thanks to O’Neill’s for letting us do that”, says Couch, whose work has gained international acclaim.

“One is never more comfortable than when one is at home, and we want to literally create an atmosphere of home. This is Croke Park, this is our house, this is our territory. Although it’s not our home venue obviously - that remains Parnell Park, despite us not playing a league or championship match there since 2010.”

"We arrange the room slightly differently according to the opponent, but the players are always uppermost in our minds when we go about this. We encourage players to use the Feng Shui philosophy at home too, drawing up a tailored training plan for each squad member, according to each player’s position. So for the match against Donegal, for example, we’ve encouraged Diarmuid Connolly and Bernard Brogan to pile up 13 chairs in front of each door and try to get through the door without touching any of them. For Ger Brennan, we’ve just said “sit down and relax, as you’re not going to be getting up off the bench for this match.”

“We’ve had total buy in from the players”, says Couch. “We took our lead from them in the development of the master plan for the room and they had some really interesting insights into how they thought it should be arranged. I see myself merely as a facilitator. What myself, Jim and the rest of the backroom team are very much about is a player-centric approach to Feng Shui. And I’d like to think we’ve achieved that. We have, I think.”

The players certainly appear to be happy with the set up. “Yeah, they’re lovely couches - very comfy”, says midfielder Michael Darragh McAuley.

For Couch and Dublin, it’s a case of sofa, so good.[/QUOTE]
Fucking hell - McGinley is actually the real-life Dr. Couch.

[SIZE=6]McGinley left nothing to chance, not even the fish[/SIZE]
Caroline Crawford Published 30/09/2014 | 02:30
http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/ryder-cup/mcginley-left-nothing-to-chance-not-even-the-fish-30625551.html#sthash.sPMdyt2B.jG4BbGo2.dpuf

VICTORIOUS Ryder Cup captain Paul McGinley has revealed how he left nothing to chance - going as far as colour-appropriate fish.

The Dublin man made sure that everything in the European team room was just right and planned it out in meticulous detail.

“Everything in the room was planned,” McGinley said yesterday, "from the carpet to the wallpapers to the images on the wall, to a big fish tank with [European] blue and gold fish. It was the colours I was interested in rather than the breed. It was just a little, small touch.

"We had two rooms, a dining area and a lounge area. There was a big picture in the corner of John Jacobs, the first European captain, a big picture of the first Britain and Ireland team in 1927 and big pictures of Seve Ballesteros and Jose Maria Olazabal.

“We had a lot of different images around the team room. It was my idea for the fish tank and it worked great.”

The Dublin man admitted the level of detail in the room had caused quite a stir. And while the fish had joined in on the celebrations they have recovered admirably.

"The fish are still there, swimming away, very happy, but they might have a few hangovers. A bit of wine may have been spilled into them.

“There have been a number of requests for images from the room and maybe we’ll do a little portfolio and exhibit it,” he said.