Sad fucked up Ireland

In arguments about drug use somebody always throws out the line about legalisation and taxing it

It’s a conversation starter but I don’t believe that many such people actually believe that line when they throw it out - certainly in relation to heroin or cocaine

I’ll let the poster in question speak for himself but I think his qualifier would indicate that he doesn’t really believe it either

Drug abuse and the best way/s to mitigate it is one big grey area and the problem is that people on forums like this like to speak in black and white language with no relation to reality

Who doesn’t fondly hark back to justice administered by a friendly local Provo with a stern hand and a heart of gold who keeps the local scallywags in check with a bit of tough love via a high velocity bullet to the lower limbs.

2 Likes

I can’t comment on Paul Quinn,but having been a republican north and south: ( long gone 13 year’s plus) including membership charges etc gardai and law enforcement north of the border are the only ppl who can address these cunts,I’ve changed my opinion 360 on that over the years,for kneecapping etc of these bastards doesent work,jail time only,long jail time

1 Like

My personal angry opinion only

Yes 100 pc

I was just talking to my mother about this tonight. She actually lamented the loss of the IRA about the town, and said it’s common knowledge to avoid Dublin Street after dark. You know the establishment yourself that would be riddled with scumbags down there.

2 Likes

There should be an approach of soft on users, hard on suppliers. Safe injection sites, with healthcare professionals there to provide counselling and information afterwards, programs to help get addicts back into society. Theres many reasons people become addicts, these include feelings of worthlessness, trying to self medicate past trauma, to actual boredom. Many more of course. Giving people some structure in their lives, some work or education along with guaranteed accommodation can help this. Plus adequate healthcare. Yes they’ll fall off the wagon occasionally but its worth persevering with it.

Now the dealers, mandatory/lengthy sentences, huge confiscation of property by cab etc and of course way more jail cells to put them in. It would be enough to scare enough straight, remove from society those who persist. Good luck with that in pc ireland.

Marijuana should be legal, but nothing else really, wait til meth gets to ireland fully. No comeback there.

The way some posters here use the term “PC” as a crutch is ironically almost like a recovering heroin addict’s propensity to fall back into their ways

? His constituency is Dublin bay North. It’s got lots of kilbarrack, ayrfield, beaumont, kilmore/edenmore. He was a principal in a school in sheriff st. Hes got a lot more experience of drug addicts than most tds.

1 Like

Shane Ross must have a good bit too

There was nobody else to keep them in check and they did keep them in check.

Dead right. Every measure we have against drug abuse has failed, costs the state a fortune and makes millionaires out of scum drug dealers. There isn’t one person in Ireland that wants heroin and can’t get it. The irony is that these drugs cost fuck all to make on an industrial scale anyway.

The most effective thing to combat drug use or addiction, or any sort of addiction - is involvement in civic society - be that to foster a love for learning leading to better job prospects, or involvement in a GAA club or an association football club or any type of sports club, or even a regular five a side, or involvement in the arts or any type of community group - for young males, sports teams and clubs are the obvious outlet and their function as a social good is far more important than being a production line for elite sport

Our whole society has become more atomised - what your peers do influences you heavily but the atomisation of society and the increasingly technology-based nature of social contact can conversely lead to an increased propensity to develop addictions

1 Like

Anyone diagnosed with a terminal illness should be given the option to take one of these cunts with them. Guards draw up a list of these ne’er do wells, person with illness goes in, looks at the list and chooses a target.

3 Likes

You’re relying on the accuracy of a terminally ill person, plus theyd end up using their shot on a lad who pulled across them in a junior match 25 years ago.

Sad reality is healthcare in ireland is so far behind it would take billions and long term political will to bring it to a level to actually treat addicts. Neither are really there.

Neither is the will to punish criminals properly. Theres no politicians who actually want to reform or change society like you see in north America, or Scandinavia, everyone is just out for a quick euro.

2 Likes

Where in North America is this?

Irish politics lacks a radical edge at the moment. Radical thought is divided between the wokeness Olympics on the one hand and borderline scumbags who go around protesting outside Simon Harris’s house on the other.

1 Like

Canada? Several cities in the states have legalized, introduced safe injection sites etc. A small city in canada decided it would eliminate homelessness and did that in just a few years. The point being they decide on a policy and go after it. If that means more taxes, diverted funds etc. Show me where that has happened in ireland since noel browne or donagh o malley. Plenty on twitter sounding off on how concerned they, but not others, are. No action.

1 Like

:smile: nail on head

1 Like

All very good valid suggestions ,wish there’was a way to implement them

Correct but youth on the periphery of society don’t/ won’t do education so are a ready made army for dealers etc

2 Likes