Sam Allardyce former England Manager

Still, we’ll always have this. God bless you Sam. Dont let the bastards drag you down old pal.

he did great things for Limerick

He’ll always be welcome in Limerick

Sam is a tool. A typical mouthy idiot who I am not at all surprised to see he would be involved in this type of thing. There are plenty other current and former managers who I reckon are balls deep in dodgy dealings and backhanders too.

In spite of that, I cant understand the logic of a newspaper, who actively goes out of their way to publicly humiliate and as a result (which was going to be an inevitable result) have their national manager sacked. What was the reasoning for this? To sell newspapers? As bad and all as his morals are, they are far worse. What good was to come out of this?

#JFBS.

Justice.

2 Likes

I’m not going to argue further with you, it’s pointless, but to say that your suggestion that all footballers across the globe sign their rights away as an open eyed multi million business transaction on favourable terms is in fact the stuff of cloud cuckoo land.
I’ll not respond any more as it’s pointless. You’ll not change your mind, and I’ll not change mine.
Like I say, it’s the difference between prostitution and pimping. I find it offensive. I find it odd that people would condone an international manager condoning it, especially when expressly forbidden by his own employers, but I seem to be alone in this.

JP writing the cheque as we speak

back in the early 1990’s he used to be a guest on Clare fm every Saturday afternoon to give updates, it was a little tradition of mine to tune in

1 Like

To expose the grubby underbelly of the EPL.

cc @The_Runt

I heard or read that this wasn’t the first time he was caught either. Something happened ten years ago for which he got his wrist slapped. Aside from that, how many donkeys have been caught out under the guise of “foreign investors” looking to buy this, that or the other. There are countless examples down through the years and truth be told the newspapers m.o. has rarely diversified down through the years. As he got the phone call/invite, whatever, the warning lights should have went off.
This has all the appearances of nothing more then sheer greed motivating a man who should have known better.

You said that the other day mate

Your argument is nonsensical. Show us examples of how these indentured slaves suffer due to third party ownerships. The main aggrieved party in third party ownership is not the player but the clubs as they no longer own the asset, they merely lease it. You have offered absolutely nothing to this thread and have failed to put anything towards your argument, you’ve given us a double helping of faux outrage.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100% flattythehurdler. The majority of footballers come from impoverished/working class backgrounds. Therefore what seems like a huge incentive for him and probably his family at the time is often only a fraction of the earning potential the footballer gives the third party. Upon signing for a club the third party as well as negotiating transfer fees, they can also get a slice of merchandising sales etc etc. All of this can be done unbeknownst to the footballer himself. Therefore the money he earns during his career, while seeming large is still only a small percentage of what he has earned for his “owners” At least if he is on his own or has a half decent agent, there is more of an opportunity to negotiate a bigger slice of the pie.
This was ultimately the greatest transgression/act of treason that Allardyce made. It was not the amount of money they were offering him for advice.
That’s what most people are seeing. The bigger sin was the topic he was actually giving advice on.

Merchandising sales?

Well play me a violin, if a player is ever coining in on merchandise sales then he’s made it big time, excuse me for failing to feel sympathy for a guy who is earning millions, losing a small portion of that.

As well as that, some clubs automatically claim image rights to players. Napoli are a club who insist on this - they own all the image rights of their players.

Alternatively, any views of footballers like Messi who have been found guilty in a court of law of defrauding the tax payer?

1 Like

So answer me this. If someone offered you say 100,000 for your house and you agreed to sell it. You then find out that a week after moving in the have sold it on for 500k how would you feel? Like many others you are clouded by the actual amount of money that the player earns. Not the principal behind it.

Ridiculous analogy which is not grounded in any sort of reasonable rationale.

Third party ownership is at the detriment of clubs, not players - this seems to be the point you struggle to grasp. They deal in the player’s economic rights - the main part of which is the transfer fees, it is the easiest and quickest way about things.

Guys like Neymar, James Rodriguez, Falcao, Tevez, Mascherano are all guys who were under third party ownership at some stage. You didn’t hear many of them complaining about it, the fact is they had very successful careers and became very rich off of it.

Alternatively, any views of footballers like Messi who have been found guilty in a court of law of defrauding the tax payer?
[/quote]

What the fuck ha e Messis tax affairs got to do with it?

I’m asking you if your morals are applied to people like Messi who cheat the ordinary man, not just those who skim a bit off the super rich.

Your hero infantino on TPO here nembo

Ah so just because they are super rich, they deserve to get skimmed? Is that what you’re implying? If so then it is an absolutely ridiculous implication. In terms of Messi, I have no sympathy for him. The law is the law and he got what he deserved.