Scotland

I have been to Scotland 7 or 8 times and some observations

1. The people are very mean and Frugal. They take it to unbelievable proportions. I’d say some of them use recycled toilet paper.
  2. Their food is shit and they put brown sauce on chips.
  3. The place is infested with eejets from Ireland who didn’t get eough points in their leaving cert to go to a college back home.
  4. For the reason outlined in 3 above stay clear of any Irish bars. Fucking cesspits. Its impossible to find a decent public house.

[quote=“Whiplash, post: 866609, member: 638”]I have been to Scotland 7 or 8 times and some observations

1. The people are very mean and Frugal. They take it to unbelievable proportions. I’d say some of them use recycled toilet paper.
  2. Their food is shit and they put brown sauce on chips.
  3. The place is infested with eejets from Ireland who didn’t get eough points in their leaving cert to go to a college back home.
  4. For the reason outlined in 3 above stay clear of any Irish bars. Fucking cesspits. Its impossible to find a decent public house.[/quote]
    All very true mate. The third point in particular is very apt.

Walking back from the match last night and bouncers were posturing and daring you to try and enter one of their bars so they could refuse you. They’re about 30 years behind Ireland in terms of social development.

How is Glasgow in terms of sectarianism? Do you need to watch where you go with an Irish accent?

Does the independence side stand any chance of winning in next year’s election? To be a nation again…

1/3 of voters support it at the moment. They were releasing some paper yesterday entitled “how to ween ourselves from the Queens Teat” or some such. They reckon all the oil revenue is theirs and they’d be grand then. They were on about joining the euro aswell the fucking eejits

They reckon fucking wrong so.

Just become a new country and expropriate all the oil and nationalise all the companies. Be grand.

Would be gas if they went to war with the Brits over the north Sea oil rigs.
Would we be officially neutral in such a war (while privately giving aid and comfort to the haggis eaters)? Or would we say fuck it, and throw our lot in with the Scots and invade the north to create a diversion?

[quote=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 866642, member: 1503”]Would be gas if they went to war with the Brits over the north Sea oil rigs.
Would we be officially neutral in such a war (while privately giving aid and comfort to the haggis eaters)? Or would we say fuck it, and throw our lot in with the Scots and invade the north to create a diversion?[/quote]

Right…

Where would an independent Scotland leave us? Could we negotiate new or shared sea territories?

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 866646, member: 1796”]Right…

Where would an independent Scotland leave us? Could we negotiate new or shared sea territories?[/quote]

We could divvy up N.ire with the Scots… we get Glens of Antrim, Bushmills distillery, Casement park, Ards Penninsula and they can have the rest, plus Donegal, Leitrim and some parts of Monaghan.

It won’t make the long cold trip to Antrim any easier for @dodgy-keeper so?

Not a chance. They will have no one to pay their dole.

They are going to be rolling in Oil money mate. No one in Scotland will have to work ever again. It will be like the Saudi Arabia of the north Atlantic. The government will be handing out free deep fried Mars bars.

It would be interesting to see how the loyal Ulster Scots would react and of course Rangers fans should independence happen.

Did the 1916 leaders produce a similar white paper on our economic future after independence.

Hapless bastard barmen fully completing one order at a time. If they’re not pouring a pint of Guinness in one go, they’re standing there whistling away to themselves waiting for it to settle ahead of the second pour instead of taking a few more orders. Ach aye. Wee man. Oh aye. Big man. I cannae.

Fucking cunts. All of them. @Mark Renton was spot on.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 866681, member: 9”]Hapless bastard barmen fully completing one order at a time. If they’re not pouring a pint of Guinness in one go, they’re standing they’re whistling away to themselves waiting for it to settle ahead of the second pour instead of taking a few more orders. Ach aye. Wee man. Oh aye. Big man. I cannae.

Fucking cunts. All of them. @Mark Renton was spot on.[/quote]
That’s a UK thing, pal not just Scotland. It’s fucking bizarre-those cunts drink as much as anyone.

Edinburgh is a very nice city in my view. A bouncer there also refused Mick Galway entry to a pub, asking him to stand aside to let ‘this gentleman’ (me) in.

Scottish cunts going around with kilts piss me off. You’re wearing a skirt - do you think you are some kind of legend? They also think it makes them look like some sort of drinking machine. I drank with one such person once and he couldn’t drink for shite.

No, the big difference was that they were dead and buried in quicklime.