Second Captains

and bring your ball with ye…

The bossman is pissed

:smiley:

he was playing for hoops during the summer a few years back and missed the next game because the pasty fuck got sunstroke

The bossman is getting umpity. Back to Clare Hurlers so. The circle is complete.

His setanta programme was excellent. If he has eyes on Bill’s job with RTE he should be steering clear of gimmericky like the Kearnometer. Some of the jack assery tonight could have done by Hector!

I see what you did there. Clever.

the bossman is very protective of poor Ken Earley, if Ken didnt post on here regularly about Celtic and “upgrading” the site for mobile apps you’d have a Dat Polan type situation devloping id say

I want more than some tards engaging in banter

The radio show was 70% lighthearted? Get to fuck. 30% would be pushing it. It was top notch broadcast journalism at its peak and they worked hard to get some out there pieecs, while at the same time revolutionising how sports radio was done in this country.

There was too much lifted from shit like Soccer AM, it has potential, but that doesn’t mean it gets a pass. As for Murph’s teenage quiz career, fuck off with that shit, you’ve done it, now move on.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 830220, member: 180”]The radio show was 70% lighthearted? Get to fuck. 30% would be pushing it. It was top notch broadcast journalism at its peak and they worked hard to get some out there pieecs, while at the same time revolutionising how sports radio was done in this country.

There was too much lifted from shit like Soccer AM, it has potential, but that doesn’t mean it gets a pass. As for Murph’s teenage quiz career, fuck off with that shit, you’ve done it, now move on.[/quote]

And stuff from Top Gear. Too many gimmicks but a good start to the new format. Due to the complications with interviewing on TV rather than over the phone I’d imagine that they’ll need to introduce recorded interviews at some point.

O’Gara was a great interview and liked Sadlier’s revelations on his short career as well.

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 830230, member: 306”]And stuff from Top Gear. Too many gimmicks but a good start to the new format. Due to the complications with interviewing on TV rather than over the phone I’d imagine that they’ll need to introduce recorded interviews at some point.

O’Gara was a great interview and liked Sadlier’s revelations on his short career as well.[/quote]
The whole programme was recorded.

Just like the radio show, a load of auld bollox.

They should stick to the radio. It was absolutely atrocious.

According to Newstalk this morning, the bigger your bollox, the worse a father you will be. Thoughts, bro?

That’s all part of his masterplan, get the foot in the door. RTE then say sorry lads it didn’t work out too good for ye, But Eoin we have a place for you as presenter. The rest of ye can head back to local newspapers / local radio. Eoin then very quickly moves up through the ranks to one of the top jobs. Sunday Game evening show and taking over from Bill and Tom on the soccer / rugby, as most of the current presenters are heading for retirement (Bill after the world cup, for example).

I must admit I loved the radio show, but the format is not suited to TV. too much acting the idiot. The jokes and the banter are good, but get rid of the rubbish. The challenge murph, was grand on the radio, because it was 10 mins every week (about 2% of the weekly show). But if it’s going to be on every week on the TV…

What’s the story with simon hick? How does he come into the second captains equation, is he a producer or something? He seems to just pop up every now again, like a reoccurring character in a sitcom.

Personally I’d rather listen to em online twice a week!

I assume if the final on Sunday had produced a winner then as a live show they would have reacted to that and cleared the decks and had an hour of chat with the winners

I would find that highly unlikely.

Surprised they didn’t try to get Podge Collins on to do a witty and irreverent double act with O’Gara - Podge and ROG.

Hilarious.

Thought this was decent enough to be honest.