Second Captains

Bizarre to bring McHale in to take a penalty and not ask him on for a few mins to talk about the football

Murph wasn’t so smug when I demolished him in a live, on air GAA quiz.

After cancelling his scheduled appearance on Second Captains live tonight, the former Kildare manager has released the following statement.

In order to draw a line under the last few weeks I feel it is in the best interests of Kildare football to release a statement so everybody can move on and get things in place for next year.

I would like to thank everybody who has helped me over the last few years.

A special thanks to all the people who have worked tirelessly in the back ground especially Julie Davis, Hugh Campbell, Tom Murphy, Danno Keely and Morgan O’Callaghan. To those that stood on the sideline with me, Jason, Damien, Niall, John, Aidan and Paul, I have learned so much from all your input as have the players with whom you worked. To the medical staff , Danny, Noel and David who have worked so hard to keep the players on the pitch and in a healthy frame of mind I thank you for all your hard work. Thank you to all.

A special mention for all the people in Club Kildare, especially Pat, Dermot and June, who put in so many hours behind the scenes .They raised valuable funds in such a difficult economic time. Your help will never be forgotten by the players or the management.

To the supporters it has been an absolute pleasure to be part of this journey over the last six years. Thank you for all your support both in the good days and the bad, your passion for football has been matched only by your generosity and kindness towards the whole Kildare county set up. To the clubs I would like to say thanks for all your support and your work in developing the young (and not so young )players so that they were in a position to line out for their county and proudly represent their clubs.

Finally, I want to emphasise to all the players that it has been an honour to stand beside you and to work with you. Although we never got the silver ware we hoped for I know that it was not for the lack of effort or desire. There has been a lot of changes over the last twelve months and I really believe with the emergence of new talent alongside the experience and ability that exists in the squad means its only a matter of time before Kildare achieve what they have been working towards.

Ní neart go cur le chéile

Kieran Mc Geeney

@braz83 had 137 posts in opposition to this last week but only 1 in support this week. He should be showing his enthusiasm in equal measure.

Didn’t see it last night but I always thought he was a decent interviewer. Might be very different when he has a shorter time frame though.

braz live blogged the event last week, I’m willing to forgive him this. Whats more important is how they took on board the advice of this thread, which resulted in a better show overall.

Disappointed not to see McGeeney on, would have been interesting to hear his speak about the goings on in Kildare. Credit to him, thats a belter of a press release and the nicest let off Kildare GAA could have hoped for.

I was bored and had my laptop open last week.

Yeah, my post was more broad sweep than I intended. I also like him on the radio. Shorter interview on TV is a very different form I’d suppose.

Yes, a massive improvement in fairness.
Ken Early must be slightly miffed that he has been shunted from co-star to bit part player, while that clown Murphy has taken over his role.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 834101, member: 1786”]Yes, a massive improvement in fairness.
Ken Early must be slightly miffed that he has been shunted from co-star to bit part player, while that clown Murphy has taken over his role.[/quote]
Their roles are very similar to those of @Rocko[/USER] & @[USER=9]Bandage around here.

Does Shane Curran come from Roscommon to Dublin every Tuesday night to save 2 penalties?

The guy who used to do the independent adjudication on the Lotto draw came from Castletownsend in west Cork to nod for two seconds each week. Nice work if you can get it.

What do Simon Hick and the other guy (Mark??) bring to the table at all?? Producing the show I assume? Certainly very little in terms of being in front of the camera.

He doesn’t always save them.

Mark Horgan, ie Shane Horgan brother. Yea, they are the producers, not sure how relevant they are to the TV show. Hicks dance and strip routine is unbelievably pathetic for what its worth.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 834215, member: 180”]He doesn’t always save them.

Mark Horgan, ie Shane Horgan brother. Yea, they are the producers, not sure how relevant they are to the TV show. Hicks dance and strip routine is unbelievably pathetic for what its worth.[/quote]

Never knew that about Mark Horgan. In fairness, Shane comes across as a fairly decent bloke and seems to have a genuine interest in other sports.

Hick’s dance was unbelievably cringe-worthy. It was probably something thrown in there to keep the rugby football fans tuned in for now.

[quote=“Phil Leotardo, post: 834219, member: 197”]Never knew that about Mark Horgan. In fairness, Shane comes across as a fairly decent bloke and seems to have a genuine interest in other sports.

Hick’s dance was unbelievably cringe-worthy. It was probably something thrown in there to keep the rugby football fans tuned in for now.[/quote]
yeah Shane Horgan comes across well - he was good on the radio show as well and as you say seems interested in and knowledgeable about other sports

[quote=“Phil Leotardo, post: 834219, member: 197”]Never knew that about Mark Horgan. In fairness, Shane comes across as a fairly decent bloke and seems to have a genuine interest in other sports.

Hick’s dance was unbelievably cringe-worthy. It was probably something thrown in there to keep the rugby football fans tuned in for now.[/quote]

watched it back there on the player from last night,
ah its awful stuff, reminded me of one of those RTE Celtic Tiger era comedy chat shows like " the panel" i think it was called where a bunch of twentysometing boggers who work in offices around dublin pay money to sit in an audience to laugh at shit jokes … cringeworthy really
yer man Ken Earley shouldnt be on TV at all, he’s clearly very self conscious and they should just leave it go now, Ken is just one of these lads who was crap at sport all his life and was ridiculed for it and his looks, he should really just step away as what he is doing is most undignified

[quote=“mickee321, post: 834255, member: 367”]watched it back there on the player from last night,
ah its awful stuff, reminded me of one of those RTE Celtic Tiger era comedy chat shows like " the panel" i think it was called where a bunch of twentysometing boggers who work in offices around dublin pay money to sit in an audience to laugh at shit jokes … cringeworthy really
yer man Ken Earley shouldnt be on TV at all, he’s clearly very self conscious and they should just leave it go now, Ken is just one of these lads who was crap at sport all his life and was ridiculed for it and his looks, he should really just step away as what he is doing its most undignified[/quote]

That’s a very funny post on several levels, @mickee321.

That comment about audience members for The Panel is really amusing.

I’m going to signal my amusement by using this: :smiley:

[quote=“Bandage, post: 834264, member: 9”]That’s a very funny post on several levels, @mickee321.

That comment about audience members for The Panel is really amusing.

I’m going to signal my amusement by using this: :D[/quote]

my comment is a result of direct observation of both shows @Bandage
The extreme cuntishness on display in my Irish workplace from circa Fall 2005 - Spring 2006 where this was discussed over tea / coffee on a Tuesday morning by the types who used to watch this crap on a Monday night was nauseating, you know the sort, listens to Paddy Casey, watches RTE “comedy” night on a Monday, interest in Rugby Football, dresses badly and spends stupid money on over priced ill fitting fashionable clothes and is of poor physical appearance… The second captains fad is now trying to attract a similar brand of cretin, plenty of fish out there i’d say

Self Esteem Sale ======>