Second Captains

Sky have sort of taken some of your advice but been a bit sly about it in the knowledge that inertia/not reading this story will lead most people to not “pause”.

Sutty absolutely destroyed that idiot Ken Earley on radio during the week.

3 Likes

1 hr 30 minute onwards.

Earley is a simpleton.

1 Like

peasant

1 Like

Sutton is a cunt and a bully.

1 Like

he did in his hole , sutton just roared pub talk , early had evidence to support what he was saying and the lad who came on afterwards pointed out that luxembourg are producing serious players

2 Likes

who allowed you back onto this forum?

1 Like

Lads were tagging me so often over the years I felt i had no choice but to pop back in
Whats it to you fuckwit

1 Like

we have already hit the maximum amount of rural simpletons the servers can hold mate, im worried the whole site will crash

2 Likes

no fear of you, i am sure i will get tired of you boring cunts fairly fast again but the amount of infuriated football men around here i really couldnt miss out on the stephen Kenny Era

This is going to be an epic contest between the inflatable hammer stand up sit down etc for the boys in green merchants versus the league of ireland pure football pricks for the entire duration of kennys mediocrity

I hope Kenny does well, but an excorcist couldnt remove the demons of irish football catastrophe let alone a loi man.

And he make a fucking idiot out of Early.

i hate spock mate

Sutton was grand for a while but a but repetitive for me now. Wind up pundit.

He really didn’t.

Sutton came across as the empty head that he is.

Sutton destroyed him.

When Early is trying to defend Spock and his winless run then he comes across as an utter simpleton.

Sutton called out how absurd it was.

Liam Hayes interview with Richard Sadlier on the latest episode is outstanding. Hayes is the sort of interviewee who would be perfect for Tommy Tiernan. A lot of depth to him.

2 Likes

An unbelievable interview. Listened to it there on a walk and I was in bits taking in what he was saying.
In 1991 @Piles_Hussain and myself were sitting together attending the Leinster Hurling final. The game after it was Meath v Wicklow as with the treble header v Dublin the football schedule was in a heap. The one player I can remember was Hayes. Both Piles and I were at the front of the Hogan, down real low and I can vividly see Hayes standing close by like a man mountain. And then to hear what he said about playing for Meath and their attitude to winning and primarily beating Dublin, unreal!

5 Likes

For some reason it seems to be largely forgotten what a great player Hayes was, when people talk about that team they tend to talk about Mick Lyons and Colm O’Rourke and Martin O’Connell and Gerry McEntee. He wasn’t a folk hero like the others were. But he was as good and maybe better than any of them. He was a monster with serious football in him, an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. I can still picture the goal he got in the League final replay in 1988 in my mind’s eye from the upper deck of the old Cusack Stand 30 yards out from the Canal end. That might have been the ultimate performance of that Meath team. They completely humbled Dublin playing with 14 men for almost the entire match.

He seems even more interesting as a person. He emptied himself in that interview. Sadlier kept it ticking over very well.

2 Likes

Down in the Nan Brennan & Nell O’Connell section, weren’t we?
That was the first live championship football game I was ever at. Only thing I can remember thinking was that PJ Gillic was a right dirty bastard but I can’t remember why.

2 Likes

You dont need to know why, PJ just permeated that aura of filth.

1 Like