Second Captains

Whatever Poindexter

I was just going to say the same. You could rotate TFK posters around on OTB and you’d have a more knowledgeable and incisive podcast with a greater possibility of an argument too. I’ve recently found the OTB National Football League rankings to be of interest when I was on a flight and had no WiFi but otherwise wouldn’t listen to them that regularly.

The Second Captains program on RTE 2 back around 2014-15 was good viewing at the time. Plenty of nostalgic sporting content. I’ve heard parts of their radio version with various “personalities” and found it painful enough tbh. Learning about Gabby Logan doing gymnastics at the 1992 Olympics isn’t going to appeal to your typical Irish listener.

Fair play mate. Don’t let the lad with 9 years of dungeouns and dragons playing experience in mary I shit on your learnings. You must have been tipping away at the study for a while yourself.?

2 Likes

Probably has it folded into the wallet.

Had to tip away most nights to get it over the line alright. The college asked me to do a testimonial there the other day, and to be honest I was getting anxious recalling what we had to do. Plus the same year I had to do (part of) the TdeM and with Liverpool winning the EPL, my stress levels were through the roof!!

1 Like

How do you know someone has completed a Masters*?

Don’t worry, they’ll tell you

*Also works for Marathons

7 Likes

I used to view Dion Fanning with awful disdain owing to his repeated belittling of Rafa Benitez 2004-2010. Turns out Fanning is a Liverpool fan which was surprising to learn. I was also flabbergasted when Paul Galvin mentioned in his autobiography that Fanning was his favourite journalist. I’d imagine Fanning is viewed as an odious cunt on TFK and TFK as a collective are rarely wrong.

TBH I dont count any marathon outside De Sables.

I always thought Fanning was a big Rafa fan.

Speak for yourself. If the lads could entice Lavinia Milosovici and Svetlana Boginskaya on the show as well I’d be all ears.

In April 1993 the BBC showed the women’s world gymnastics championships live from the NEC in Birmingham on a Sunday lunchtime. The following day in school, it became apparent through conversation at the break that a lot of the all boys first year class I was in had watched it, some of us before going to Croke Park to see Dublin play Kerry in an NFL semi-final. One lad remarked to me “did you see that gymnastics yesterday? That Shannon Miller is a fuckin’ dog”.

Gabby Logan was the 1991 Leeds Rose at the prestigious International Rose Of Tralee contest.

1 Like

That’s cute.

You’re cute

1 Like

Fixed

1 Like

I don’t know how you did it.

They’ll have finished ahead of Rory McIlroy?

I don’t know myself chief, it were a bit of a whirlwind as Big Mick McCarthy would say

He is from ireland, he isnt a liverpool fan

He is a cunt that got a job due to his dad

I think we had a brief run-in with Dion in our early days but it didn’t amount to much more than a robust exchange of views.

How old is Murph? And when did he sell out to Judes from Milltown?

He played U21 for Galway in '03.

1 Like