Second Captains

This has taken a bad bad turn.

Still, it deserves a chance imo

This can’t be live really?

Did they fill a fucking studio to film the adverts for the show? Surely not.

Fucking hell, no.

The goalkeeper bit was stolen straight off Soccer AM’s “The Cat” segment.

And they probably got the Kearnometer thing off me calling him the Kearnivore.

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 830034, member: 1379”]jez

remember all the hulabuloo when these lads left OTB. That show hasn’t collapsed last time I checked[/quote]

No, but it is a steaming pile of shit for half of each show while the lads GAAwank one another.

Is that Domnhaill O’Donovan in that band?

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 830036, member: 180”]This has taken a bad bad turn.

Still, it deserves a chance imo[/quote]
It needs some serious surgery - get rid of most of the shit gimmicks and try to make it a serious sports discussion with a bit of bantz thrown in around the edges. Don’t think they’ll have the confidence to do that unfortunately.

This was a bit shit. :frowning: Derval was looking well anyways. :slight_smile:

To be fair the crowd is nowhere near as obnoxious as those Soccer AM fuckwits.

It will be interesting to see if they can capture the offbeat wit of the OTB show over time, or if it will go the other way and descend into Soccer AM style idiocy.

I won’t be watching that shite again. That was seriously bad.

I wouldn’t doubt that man could do anything.

Lead singer is Barry Murphy formerly of Munster and Ireland. FelixJones plays with them occasionally as well. Zebos sister is their manager.

I can see this being a success ratings wise but it won’t appeal to people who tuned into Off The Ball for serious sports content. It’s like a cross between Soccer AM, Fantasy Football League, Top Gear, TFI Friday and Noel’s House Party.

Early barely featured. He’s better than this.

That was a qualified success. This Murph chap will stay the course as a TV personality.

Dunno, both ex Munster rugby player Barry Murphy was the lead singer.

What was the point of those guests?

• Oisin McConville? Have him on next week before the AI final and talk about that.
  • Richie Sadlier? Didn’t ask him about Ireland getting our WC campaign ending tonight
  • Ronan O’Gara? Didn’t ask him about the Heineken Cup collapse
  • Dervla O’Rourke? Gowl.

One of the greatest hurling finals of all time played at the weekend and not a mention of it. Looks like the agenda/guests for the show were arranged last week.

i´d give them a bit more time…very nervous which is natural…

The gimmick stuff didn’t work.

The ensemble in depth interview has potential if you got right mix of guests.

It was a bit unpolished and I’d like to see more in-depth analysis rather than gimmicks but there is potential for a show like that.

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 830046, member: 260”]To be fair the crowd is nowhere near as obnoxious as those Soccer AM fuckwits.

It will be interesting to see if they can capture the offbeat wit of the OTB show over time, or if it will go the other way and descend into Soccer AM style idiocy.[/quote]

I’d give it a chance as well. Decent guests. Cut the tomfoolery and extend the interviews. Perhaps extend the a panel discussion, Saturday panel on OTB can be excellent when fellas are not talking solely about themselves or their own sport