Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

I donā€™t think I can join this group in good faith. Limerick is simply too much of a tip. Yeā€™re all welcome up for the Galway Races though.

[quote=ā€œThe Dunphā€]I am pleased to announce that the Puke is the latest member of the Limerick Chippers Group.

Welcome aboard Puke. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

thanks Dunph, can we also talk about other takeaways/pizzarias and what not on itā€¦

Iā€™ll have to sleep on itā€¦

[quote=ā€œThe Dunphā€]Iā€™ll have to sleep on itā€¦[/QUOTE]What about Chippers out the County . Or is it strictly within city limits ?

Out the county is fine Atticus, good question.

In.

I was only thinking the other day when was the last time I had a ā€˜Donkeysā€™. Even up to about 97/98 a bag chips were only 45p and battered sausages 15p.

Next time I am home I will pop in and proudly display my Limerick Chippers Social Group membership card.

[quote=ā€œPhil Leotardoā€]In.

I was only thinking the other day when was the last time I had a ā€˜Donkeysā€™. Even up to about 97/98 a bag chips were only 45p and battered sausages 15p.

Next time I am home I will pop in and proudly display my Limerick Chippers Social Group membership card.[/QUOTE]

no way would you get a chip and a battered sausage for 60p back then.

more like 1987.

Iā€™m telling you it was those prices for years . Definatley up to about at least 1996 anyway. I used to go there alot around those times.

no way, lived fairly close to there for a while around '96, id say a bag of chips was around 80 or 90p and i had a fair few bags of them in those days.
never was into the battered sausage but a feed of cod would have set you back around another pound.

This type of dicussion should really take place in the social group!

excellent.
sign me up.

iā€™ve been meaning to discuss pudding boxes with like-minded types.

Signing in !!! Iā€™m all about ā€˜The chicken Hutsā€™ Super chips these days!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh contentious one there that the Admin will have to clear up but I donā€™t think the Chicken Hut falls into the ā€œChipperā€ category.

Thats said I am a massive fan of the chicken hut.
Whatā€™s in the gravy? Who cares, itā€™s smashing!

Firstly, to give my story.
I lived in william street for ages and then wolfe tone street for a while.
While in William street I lived in Donkey Fords but after the Works I woudl also go to Cranks Corner (not sure if itā€™s still there).
Chicken hut was another favourite but only if cranks was wedged.
They did a mean half pounder.
I also brought a girl to Donkeys as a way to ā€œimpressā€ her but that was back in 1991 or so. It didnā€™t work. I only succeeded in making my car stink and getting the heave-ho from yer wan. Completely worth it though.

Yours in frequenting all of Limericks eateries,
GSH.

[quote=ā€œGarda Sean Horganā€]Firstly, to give my story.
I lived in william street for ages and then wolfe tone street for a while.
While in William street I lived in Donkey Fords but after the Works I woudl also go to Cranks Corner (not sure if itā€™s still there).
Chicken hut was another favourite but only if cranks was wedged.
They did a mean half pounder.
I also brought a girl to Donkeys as a way to ā€œimpressā€ her but that was back in 1991 or so. It didnā€™t work. I only succeeded in making my car stink and getting the heave-ho from yer wan. Completely worth it though.

Yours in frequenting all of Limericks eateries,
GSH.[/QUOTE]

Cranks has been replaced by some chain masquarding as ā€œThe Chic-Kingā€ proclaiming to have the greastest chicken in the world. They might have got away with it in some other town but not in Chicken Hut Town.

During the last ā€œslow setā€ in Tropics I used to be debating whether to get the box of chicken or a pizza from cranks or a half pounder.
On the very odd occassion I would get dragged to supermacs and realise what a waste of money it is.
Sad to hear Cranks is gone.

Yours etc,
GSH.

Iā€™d eat Chicken out of the Wicked Chicken before Iā€™d eat out of that Chick King place

Dunph move this conversation to the social group please

Oh ya sign me up aswell :rolleyes:

Sure wasnā€™t the League of Ireland once sponsored by fried chicken from Limerick. It is internationally renowned.