Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1058288, member: 1786”]In recent days there has been a stunning addition to the Limerick Chipper scene, with renowned fishmonger Rene Cusack’s taking over the old Cafe Lazio premises in the market.
In the name of research I paid a visit and was well impressed. They do a daily special of Fish of Day, Chips & Drink for €7.50.[/QUOTE]
Sit down or is it just take away as before?

You could sit down before and you can sit down now.

There was always a sit down in Lazio during the day. At least there used to be.

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10868129_960742950621708_3783710794506177586_n.jpg?oh=05f938049d65bdeb55b9cefcaa8dec89&oe=54FAACD3

No brown sauce?

On homemade chips? You philistine.

Good God no, on the fish

I had a fish and chip from here Saturday- unreal. Not a massive portion for your 5 notes compared to other establishments but the quality is as good as anything Limerick has produced. 9/10.

Agree. The portion isn’t huge, but the quality is savage. I’d give the fish 9/10 & the chips 8/10.

Last time I was in there was when Clare won their last All Ireland, oh sorry penultimate All Ireland, and there wasn’t any seating back then. I must get out more.

Is it opened Saturday mornings? I hadn’t noticed.

[QUOTE=“habanerocat, post: 1058634, member: 1513”]Last time I was in there was when Clare won their last All Ireland, oh sorry penultimate All Ireland, and there wasn’t any seating back then. I must get out more.

Is it opened Saturday mornings? I hadn’t noticed.[/QUOTE]

There is a door into the right, but if it’s closed you wouldn’t notice it.
Cusacks only took over last week but I’d imagine it will be open Saturday mornings.

Anyone have a number for Portlaoise Prison

Go on …

:popcorn:

That was just a joke at the prison officers from portlaoise who stopped for chips and the prisoner escaped.
They sound like they could be valued members of the group.

Bump

@The Dunph needs to get back pronto -
[SIZE=6]
The first chip vending machines will enter production this year[/SIZE]

While it might be hard to believe a time and place where chips are unavailable, there are parts of the world yet untouched by 24-hour McDonalds.

That’s why one Western Australian company will soon begin production of a vending machine which can fry and dispense frozen chips at any time of the day.

Peter Malone, once manager of the now defunct New Tel, says that The Hot Chips Company has been in the works for about a decade, when he and some colleagues began to monitor other companies’ failed efforts.

The Guardian reports that finally, after much planning and technological invention, the machine is nearing its production phase.

Inside, a freezer up top will store the chips, and a middle compartment contains 10 litres of cholesterol-free rice bran oil to fry them. The freshly fried snacks will then be dropped into a cup, which will be offered to the customer by a friendly robot arm.

There was much to consider in such a sesign, including the type of potato and dimensions of the chips themselves:

“It has to be the perfect size and length so it doesn’t get lodged in the machine,” said Stephen Bendotti, whose company will supply the chips."

200 are scheduled for production this year, and will be made available in locations throughout Australia. As the company grows, Malone plans a jump into the international market.

“This will be bigger [than his previous company New Tel.] It’s popular worldwide. We don’t need to go and tell people that a chip is something that they should eat.”

I was in Rene Cusack’s Fishbar recently and I’m sad to report that I wasn’t impressed. Grub was nice but the portions were stingy for what it cost.

McAri’s new place out past Castletroy College on the other hand, is a wonderful addition to the Limerick Chipper Scene. All the more so for the couple that run it looking like they’re about to commit ABH on each other at any minute.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/webimage/1.6570222.1423506585!/image/1308944022.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/1308944022.jpg

A RESTAURANT in Limerick city centre has re-opened after it was ordered to close by health inspectors.

Adana Char Grill at Cornmarket Row in the city was one of nine premises across the country which were ordered to close during January.

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) says the closure order was served on the operators of the restaurant by HSE inspectors on January 27 and that it was later lifted on February 3.

The reasons for the closure order, under EC regulations order governing the control of foodstuffs, have not been disclosed.

Professor Alan Reilly, Chief Executive, FSAI, says vigilance is always required in relation to food safety and that standards must not be allowed to slip.

“It is not acceptable for any food business to potentially put their customers’ health at risk,” he said.

“Every food business should be striving to meet the high food safety and hygiene standards that the majority of food businesses achieve on a daily basis,” he added.

Still No.1

http://www.irelandbeforeyoudie.com/23-places-to-have-fish-and-chips-before-you-die/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Postcron.com