Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

Donkey Ford s

I was only there Sunday, hadnā€™t had it in years. Still the sameā€¦same staff as well.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t believe it when I saw herā€¦gas fuckers must be worth a fortune.

The legend that is Maggie Ford!

Have not been there in a while now, Mrs CCHA did the run the last few times. The man himself drove a Ford Focus for years, changing it every January in Lyonsā€™s. Mrs CCHAā€™s previous car was one of his trade-ins, no smell of chips, good valeting.

1 Like

That is fucking brilliant @T from reatystones :clap:

Remember meeting a Tipp crowd who were getting a bus across the road from there back in 13 and chased the bastards back over the border, windy cunts from Newport or some other cesspot.

Youā€™ve had way too much to drink tonight. Posting tall tales and abusive messages across the forum. Time to get your drinking under control, pal.

What in the name of God are you on about?

1 Like

Would you believe Iā€™ve had more to drink today, Looking forward to the 21s final, will you be in attendance pal?

Mordor

Fair enough pal. Did you go today?

Not sure, mate. I think Thurles is a death trap and akin to Valley Parade circa 1985. On the other hand, the TV coverage will be in Gaelic so itā€™s a real quandary.

Ban the thick cunt.

Amazing scenesā€¦

5 Likes

All this talk of Le Dunph & my return to Limerick has me thinking itā€™s time for a Limerick Chippers Group revival. We can put the dark chapters of the past behind us.

Anyway.

Thereā€™s a new chipper in Ballycummin beside Alfies Bar. Proper chipper homemade chips fish etc.
When I say new I mean brand new, they didnā€™t even have a sign over the door.

Food Quality:
Good. Got a fish and chips which was very tasty without being unbelievable. Definitely passable and I would eat there again. Missus got a ā€œchicken filletā€ burger which was one of those horrible chicken nugget standard burgers. Thatā€™s what she gets for ordering in a chicken burger in that sort of place. 3/5

Value for Money: Canā€™t remember the exact price but it was standard enough. 3/5

Staff Apraisal: As I said the place was brand new and they were actually hanging up the menu the day I was in there. There was way too many staff on, due to training Iā€™m assuming, and they were all getting in each others way. Few novicey enough looking lads in there and they were dropping the chips into the fat in baskets that were way too full meaning they took ages to cook. 2/5

Efficency of Service. As a result of the above the food was way too long coming out. I was also asked three times what I ordered and the place wasnā€™t busy. That said Iā€™d give them a pass as it was new. 1/5

Facilities: Place was spotless as youā€™d expect from a new joint. 5/5

Overall; Iā€™ll give it a go again at some stage in a few months when itā€™s settled down. There is little room for error in the Limerick Chipper market though so theyā€™d want to get their shit together. 3/5

Superdine Dooradoyle;

I was wary enough of this place as itā€™s menu is for a chipper and an indian which is always slightly worrying to me as you canā€™t be both in my books.

Anyway itā€™s the closet place to me so I said Iā€™d give it a spin.

Food Quality:
Good. Homemade chips which were very tasty and a Kebab which was absolutely ginormous with lovely sauce on top. 4/5

Value for Money: Considering the size of the kebab it was serious value for around ā‚¬9. Comfortably feed two people. I didnā€™t get it but they do a bucket in there thatā€™d feed a family for around ā‚¬15 which judging by a few of the heads in there is exactly whatā€™s happening most nights. 5/5

Staff Apraisal: Rang in and it was ready when I collected. 5/5

Efficency of Service. See above 5/5

Facilities: Grubby enough looking place, with a fairly gaudy exterior 1/5

Overall; Very tasty stuff indeed. They also do a stuffing chip which I got another night :clap: I fucking love stuffing chips. Havenā€™t chanced the Indian yet. 4/5

In case anyone is worrying for my health the above two reviews were over a 6 weeks or so, Iā€™m not that much of a fat cunt.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s a stuffing chip, mate?

Pictorial evidence might assist with my understanding.

Itā€™s bread stuffing on chips and itā€™s delicious. Itā€™s a phenomenon unique to West Limerick & Kerry as far as I can tell. It can be a bit dry if the stuffing isnā€™t right so the really adventurous have a curry stuffing chip or a garlic stuffing chip. The former is unreal the latter not so much.

Snackbox with stuffing & coleslaw would be a standard order in the area.

I have two reviews of stalwart establishments to throw up when I get a chance.