Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

Beside garretts?

Its excellent. Another great place is macaris out there in Annacotty.

Fucking hell 1321 posts on chippers in Limerick :open_mouth:
How do you join?? I had a Donkey fords last week.

Ya, top notch stuff

You eat loads of chipper food and then tell everyone about it.

Like Below.

Luis Chipper;

Food Quality:
Unreal, I had a battered sausage and chip, savage so it was. The chips were like balls of flour (but covered in grease, vinegar & salt obviously). The missus got a burger :rollseyes: very tasty as well in fairness. 5/5

Value for Money: Canā€™t remember what it cost me but it would have been cheap at twice the price. Good portion sizes. 5/5

Staff Apraisal: In, out, boom 5/5

Efficency of Service. See above 5/5

Facilities: There are none, just a counter, the way it should be, looks clean enough. 3/5

Overall; This was my second time there in recent months and both times it was absolutely unreal, the chips were how I remember Luigis & Donkeys tasting when I was a young fella. Iā€™m actually getting hungry here now just thinking about them. Nom, nom, nom

2 Likes

Someone will be along shortly to tell you ye got mugged off

But arenā€™t they all the same really, Donkeys has a bit of something different about it but Luigiā€™s, Fuscoā€™s the two on William street and most of the suburban ones seem to serve the exact same chips, battered sausages, fish (fucking square of cod is Limericks worst feature).
Still Iā€™m partial to a bit of chipper grub

No one mugs me off when it comes to chippers, Iā€™m a founding member of TFKLCSG.

I have to say, all joking aside, that the standard of chipper in Limerick is vastly superior to Dublin.

Now if I only I could find a decent Chinese, Mexican, Argentinian, Indian, Brazilian etc. :sweat:

In fairness the Thai food is top notch, and Iā€™ve a nice Japanese as well, I do miss the variety though.

No fucking way your getting into the group now.

We are like wine connoisseurs, weā€™d point out 50 differences between all those places. There was a fella around here one time called @The_Dunph and heā€™d be able to tell you where you got the chips just by smelling the vinegar off em.

6 Likes

Like one of them ā€˜enginesā€™ in the cowboy movies, he could put his ear to a discarded chip wrapper and tell you how long ago the chips were consumed.

Iā€™m assuming this is confined to real chippers,
@ChocolateMice have you tried the Fish Wife on McCurtain street at all, thatā€™s a proper fish and chip shop.
Anywhere in Limerick where youā€™d get a nice piece of fish in Batter, Iā€™ve always been disappointed with the fare in the chippers (and I would always insist on fresh cod, Iā€™ll leave the fish fingers to @Tassotti and other peasants)

What would a mick know about proper fish and chip?

3 Likes

Youā€™re on the ball there to be honest, generally speaking the Fish n chips are much better over in your place, Best places are by the seaside though. Some great places popping up around Ireland though, fish wife in Cork and Kettle of Fish in Gort are top of the pile for me.

1 Like

Yeah, you get a lovely fish in batter in Bobby Byrneā€™s but its expensive obviously in relation to just getting something cheap and quick. Great battered fish there though, two pieces it is of cod, nice bit of tartar sauce and mushy peas etc.

I really rate macaris in Annacotty and they do a fresh fish (possibly a hake as I recall) most days that theyā€™ll batter and then cook in front of your very eyes.

Iā€™ve had Bobbyā€™s Fish and I found the batter to be quite soggy, maybe just the day I was in, chips were frozen as well,
Iā€™d forgotten Rene Cusacks place at the market, they do decent battered fish.

Really?

its vile, this lad simply hasnā€™t a notion what he is on about

This lad has potential, we just need to iron out a few kinks.

Bobby Byrnesā€™ fish and chips are rankā€¦ absolute shite altogether.

1 Like

the paddies wouldnā€™t have a clue about proper fish and chip