Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

Kettle of fish is a fantastic chip shop, possibly the best in Ireland, have you been? They also have a place in Galway city.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Wouldn’t be too far away from it but have never gone. Didn’t expect that recommendation as I treat Gort as a place to be avoided at all costs. I wouldn’t even go to the mart there.

2 Likes

I must confess regarding Bobby Byrne’s fish and chips that it was my eating companion had them that day and said it was gorgeous. I did not have them and that was my first time ateing in there so more fool me it seems to listen to the opinion of a woman when it comes to proper fish and chips. I should have known better. She has never even eaten fish and chips from England and is not a member of the Limerick chippers social club so her opinion is worthless. Apologies if I have inconvenienced anyone.

at least you have eaten proper fish and chip in England, so you know what youu are talking about

1 Like

very hard to beat Enzo’s in Ennis for a lovely crispy chip

It was there before the bypass and I stopped one time on the way back from Galway by chance, massive selection of proper fresh fish, unbelievable chips and excellent mushy peas.
I’ve no reason to go through Gort now with the bypass but I’ve gone the small bit out of my way quite a few times, my missus loves Coole so we often go up for a day during the summers.

1 Like

I loved going down the local chippie for a fish supper. Friday evenings especially it was a real tradition and it would be on everyone’s minds all day. Then 6 or 7 o’clock in you go to the back of a long queue to get your treat. Everyone queuing in an orderly fashion with no thick ignorant bastards trying to sneak ahead of anyone else. The anticipation was a big thing. And then you get to the top and give your order, there would be great excitement. I’d always get a fish and chip myself, I wouldn’t try to be too adventurous. That always done me. Then watch as your man takes the fish by the tail, batters it and into the sizzling oil with it. I remember the sound off the oil I’ll never forget it. You’d have a spring in your step walking out of there and I’d break into a half run getting back to the gaff to unravel the white paper for the treasure within.

1 Like

unreal, I love the way you described that, you’d get a right good portion in England too, you’d be full for the evening

It’s rare to get real cod these days. The shit that Dickhead Byrnes peddles is hake.

Food in England is generally gash also. The Brits have to smother everything in salt, pepper, sauces and relish because their food is so bland and tasteless. Bit like themselves, really.

Isn’t Indian food their favourite food? They’d die above on a cross for a good bacon and cabbage or Irish stew…tho it’s sickening the way they stole the Irish breakfast and sell it as an English breakfast the useless cunts…don’t they deep fry Mars bars in the UK? :joy:

bacon and cabbage ffs, fucking peasant food :joy:

@Julio_Geordio is dead right about the chips in Lui’'s

We often send a junior ccha over for real chips to accompany our grub. Great portions too

I’ve gotten nice chips from the place next to the big centra shop in Raheen as well.
To be honest there isn’t a bad chipper in Limerick but there’s not a great one either.

They do in Scotland anyway. It is a delicacy for them.

I got a lovely battered lamb cutlet in Brisbane one time :yum:

1 Like

Enzo’s on Willliam Street is great chipper .

I’ve never gotten a take-away from the place, always gone for the more socially refined sit-down option. Smashing tucking into a plate of take-away chips and a battered cod/sausage on a real plate with a knife and fork rather than ating them out of a vinegarating bag in your car with the windows fogging up.

Done them both and both great .

Just cooked an unrale steak and bought a bag of chips from Luis to go on the side. Fucking savage they were. Best chipper in Limerick. FACT