Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

Garrets steak? Never found it great.
Thereā€™d be timing problems there for me, chipper chips have to be piping hot and donā€™t strike me as the right accompaniment to a well cooked steak. Give me chunky home cooked chips with a nice bearnaise for that.
Are we ever going to get a fancy top quality fish and chip joint like Fish Wife in Cork or will we carry on forever with the identikit limerick chippers.

Luigiā€™s by the station?

Horrendously overrated IMO. In fact, Iā€™d nearly rather a bag from Rios a few doors down.
Iā€™d put Fuscos in Garryowen down as the top, top chipper in Limerick.

Fuck off back to Cork with that kind of talk pal.

1 Like

:grinning:

3 Likes

Rene cusacks tried it but it didnā€™t work out

Terrible location and piss poor chips, very small choice of fish as well compared to other places in Cork, Galway and Dublin.

Rick Stein has an outrageously good chipper in Padstow, theres a few places around the country now not far behind. I like the chippers in Limerick but theyā€™re all the semails really.

Were you at Rick steins place?
Does fishy fishy have a chipper attached in kinsale ?

I was down in Cork city last weekend with the missus and was severely tempted to stop in the Fish wife for dinner. It looked top drawer and to be fair she wouldnā€™'t have complained. But I had a mood for something Italian so and we went to Gallo & Galletti instead. It is a superb little restaurant. Have you been in there?

1 Like

We spent a fortnight in Cornwall a couple of years ago , spent a day in Padstow and queued for lunch at the fish and chip shop. We had holidayed in Weymouth in Devon as well, thereā€™s some great chippers in the South of England but Ricks is probably the best Iā€™ve been in. Massive selection of fish but we had the cod, haddock and scampi.
Never had the fishy fishy fish and chips.
Nor familiar with that place @Smark Iā€™m a long time out of Cork.

Luiā€™s is very nice, that Super Bites one is pretty good aswell, despite the terrible name.

Fuscos is great. It was a little tradition of mine to stop in there for a bag of chips after coming out of the old markets field greyhound track. I donā€™t get occasion to be out that area anymore. I must say iā€™d put Luigis ahead of Rios a few doors down, that being said i havenā€™t been in that Rios, but used to be familiar with the one in Castletroy which did a roaring trade back in the ā€œgood old daysā€. I donā€™t think that standards so much as slipped there as there was just way more variety and competition a few years later and they lost all that dominance they once had. I highly rate Macaris in Annacotty.

You get a far better quality fish and chips in England. They really know how to operate good chippers over there.

1 Like

Used to live near there, food good, service terrible. The amount of times we rang in an order and went down to collect it off them and the fucker hadnā€™t even put it on

I send the missus for the chips while I cook the steak weā€™ve it down to an art

I got it delivered last night, took a while alright. Was very nice when it did arrive though.

The kebab is very nice there

You have a great way about you.

Where is Super Bites? Thereā€™s a Super Bites in Abbeyfeale isnā€™t there? I canā€™t think of another.

I thought it was super Mannā€™s in Abbeyfeale.
Tasty Bites in Askeaton.
Used to be a Super Bites in Foynes alright.