Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

I suppose growing up out the bog, something like pineapple on pizza would be considered exotic ā€¦

Ham pepperoni and extra cheese for me. Canā€™t beat top pizza some laugh in that place after a night on the booze.

If theres ham on something irish people straight away think theyā€™re experts on it.Pineapple on pizzaā€¦ yawn,take it up with the Hawaiians.

I like it the odd bit myself, thereā€™s a lovely sweetness and crunch off a bit of pineapple on a pizza

cc @Julio_Geordio

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/06/tinned-spaghetti-pizza-new-zealands-prime-minister-shocks-with-monstrous-recipe?CMP=fb_gu

Tried the new look Enzoā€™s tonight, my first time eating from there ever.
Had a curry chip (nice thick, dark sauce which is much better than the fruity, watery one at what is otherwise my favourite Limerick chipper Fuscos). Also had a few battered sausages. I give it my seal of approval

Stopped into Roma Chipper in Abbeyfeale last week on the way home.

Chipper was quiet but clean & staff pleasant.
Had following,
Bun Burger : Tasty but average enough
Large Chips : Pricy & not plentiful but very tasty. Vinegar was really strong.

Overall rating : 7/10

Abbeyfeale goes by the laws of Kerry when it comes to chips like everything else, stuffin chips is the big thing and they wouldnā€™t know a square of cod from a Hurley ball.

Pink Sauce and Stuffing Chip or Curry and Stuffing Chip is a lovely little West Limerick delicacy.

Breast of chicken and Chip with Stuffing and Coleslaw in Superbites is another one that needs to be sampled

1 Like

Had a snack box from there on Sunday night. It was absolutely tantalising as the buff would say

Pink sauce??

Iā€™d say itā€™s what people with brain injuries call Marie Rose or else ketchup mixed with mayo.

1 Like

:information_source:

To be fair, a fella would look like some fucking ape asking for a ā€˜Marie Rose and Stuffing Chipā€™ in Superbites in Abbeyfeale :smile:

Roasters say things like ā€œred sauceā€ and pink sauce".

Us sophisticated folks say ketchup and not ā€œtomato sauceā€. Tomato sauce is what you use in the pasta dish.

If ye were after a square cod and chips where would ye go?

Out west in NCW itā€™d be Mamma Mias for me.

When i was in Limerick city for college twud have been either Fords or Enzos

Iā€™d heard good things about Benjiā€™s in Rathkeale.
Got a fresh cod and chip there a while back and it was decent.

Got a snack box there over the weekend and it was disappointing.

Itā€™s called burger sauce FFS

Itā€™s called pink sauce

:rollseyes: