September 11 memories

Ya but just the lad turning up with not enough money to get through security and no return flight was surprising.

He was due to be the pilot in the plane that was headed towards the White House.

You’d think they’d have that sort of thing will boxed off.

I think they estimated it cost to keep the 19 lads in America between 500k and 600k. Not crazy money.

23 years on. My sympathies to those on the forum who lost loved ones that day.

1 Like

Thanks bro.

One of the most tragic events dated September 11 was that cunt Cromwell breaching the walls of Drogheda and proceeding to massacre the town

Today it would be seen as a good thing

1 Like

I suppose it wasn’t all bad…a significant amount of the victims were English Royalist soldiers

Wonder who taught him all that?

All from cark

1 Like

Underrated tweet

Who?

The C, the C, the CIA

3 Likes

I still find it mad they were there was hijackings taking place at 8:20 and the first tower was hit half an hour later but still nobody connected the dots and evacuated the second tower.

The security guard in the second tower had notified his bosses a few times about potential terror attacks via this scenario as well.

Agreed. I’d say the incident had a savage impact
On him that he never recovered from. Even the stuff like getting eaten alive for being kept in the air so long.

I’d assume that was sort of thing was taken out of his hands.

I recall RTE news at the time showing different clips of what was going on around the world in relation to it.

They were clearly struggling on tape so at the end of a clip of the horrors of ground zero, a clip would come up of kid’s first day of school in Clondalkin or something.

1 Like

Been loadin’ for Bin Laden

I’m always fascinated by live television when major news events broke. This is a doozy of the genre.

2 Likes

Never seen this before. I cant turn it off…

Regis and Kelly was a routine start to my day for 6 months in 2003. Regis was a big Fighting Irish man as Notre Dame was his Alma mater i believe. Kelly was a babe

1 Like

She was very shook there. I hope she recovered.

No doubt posted already but worth posting again. The coincidence that the 2 French brothers happened to be filming the documentary with the fire crews long before 9/11 and were just minutes away from the tower when they caught the plane disappearing into the building in a ball of flame was hard to wrap your head around. The only first hand account of the day in full that was caught entirely on camera is a tough watch at times.

4 Likes