Serie A 17/18

We’ll agree to disagree on that. Regardless, you can’t just let the other team come at you like that and bank everything on a 0-0, regardless of how well you defend

Juve are the masters of getting the job done but not today. I thought they managed the game very very well. They stopped Napoli from playing and only a special moment stopped it being job done again.

Hats off to Napoli, it was a must win game against a teams who have nerves of steel and they did it.

If Napoli get 12 points they Juve cannot drop a point in the remaining four games with away trips to Inter and Roma.

This season, they went two up against Spurs, sat back and it finished 2-2 and could have been worse. Second leg, they went 1-2 up and defended superbly and Harry Kane missed a sitter in the last few minutes. Against Real they go 0-3 up to level the tie, sit back, concede a penalty. Tonight they don’t have a shot on target while defending superbly and lose. You can’t just bank on not conceding against good teams

Some man to call a game

Juventus play Inter Milan away next Saturday evening.

Whatever Juventus do there, I fear Napoli will subconsciously use it as an excuse to fuck up at Fiorentina on Sunday.

Milik needs to start next weekend for Napoli, Mertens has not been in good form of late.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MHChehade/status/988171466578513920

Imagine if they actually win it

1 Like

Tremendous scenes in Naples last night by the sounds of things. @Cicero_Dandi won’t approve I’m sure. No doubt, he’ll see this as the fans of the third richest club in Italy and one of the 20 richest clubs in the world, with no league title since 1990 celebrating mediocrity. No trophy won last night and still not even top of the table, he’ll be saying.

Thousands of Napoli supporters welcomed the team home at Naples airport after they beat Juventus 1-0 on Sunday to boost their Serie A title hopes.

Napoli, who have not won the Italian title since 1990, became only the third team to win a league game away to the Turin side in over five years.

They are now one point behind the champions with four matches to go.

An estimated 10,000 to 20,000 fans were waiting outside the airport when the team landed in the middle of the night.

Fans also lit fireworks across the southern Italian city and celebrated in public squares as the final whistle went following Kalidou Koulibaly’s last-minute header.

Napoli’s two Serie A titles - in 1987 and 1990 - both came during Argentina great Diego Maradona’s time at the club.

The Derby d’Italia tonight at the San Siro. I would expect Inter to get at least a draw which would open the door for Napoli to potentially take the lead in the title race with a win away to Fiorentina tomorrow

Very attacking Juve side tonight.

Cuadrado at right back. They are going to go for it.

Early yellow card for Cuadrado up against Perisic, Inter will target this now.

Douglas Costa puts Juve 1 up.

Poor defending at the back post.

Costa has been brilliant lately

Vecino could go here…

Red card.

That’s that ffs

Candreva nearly scored a screamer.

Ref has let two clear free kicks for Inter go already…

And another