Shamrock Rovers- the running joke of ireland

today’s herald is reporting Shamrock Rovers striker Tadhg Purcell has quit the club in the middle of their crucial league run in…what a sham of a club!!!..can’t hold on to a player even when they are top of the league and closing in on their first league title in years…:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a sham of a club,what a sham of a league,what a sham of an organisation,what a sham of a set up even at the lowest Amatuer level,soccerball in this COuntry is fucked,you can only make fuck ups for so long,the FAI has no money,no stadia,no assets,no facilities…in short its all over.

He was a hero to them only a couple of years ago. If ever a club forgot where they came from it’s the pigs.

A local soccer guru and journalist here in Cork told me the MSL are pushing hard for every team to have flood lights so they can have friday night leagues.
Teams (even at that level) are having major problems getting guys out on saturdays and sundays due to work, drinking and competition from GAA and Rugby. They believe they can hold on to the GAA players for the whole season if they have games on fridays, as it would give them a longer break to sunday and may entice more guys to stay involved for the whole season.

I told him most decent GAA players only ever use soccer to stay fit for GAA anyway, so i doubt it would make much difference. The robbing of money and all the other controversies that go along with Junior soccer in Cork are turning off people from it. Our local GAA club has crushed the local soccer club in recent times due to better facilities and organisation.

Long may it continue.

Thats a bad attitude to have Kev, the more sporting organisations out there the better imo. Its imerative that we tackle teenage obesity in this country, and this must be done by offering every kind of outlet for children of all ages.

Soccer clubs have a role to play in Irish society, I wouldnt like to see any sporting organisation “crushed”. They should all be able to coexist.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Thats a bad attitude to have Kev, the more sporting organisations out there the better imo. Its imerative that we tackle teenage obesity in this country, and this must be done by offering every kind of outlet for children of all ages.

Soccer clubs have a role to play in Irish society, I wouldnt like to see any sporting organisation “crushed”. They should all be able to coexist.[/quote]

I like soccer MBB and i played for years with same club, and if they didn’t try to muscle in and didn’t tell young fellas not to play GAA then there would have been the exact co-habiting that went on for 20 years. What were we going to do. Roll over? Fuck no.

I agree with you in principal about young people being out there, but we ain’t going to lie down to it either. They also had a few controversies with young fellas drinking on away trips and the like, and a money scndal which made the airwaves, it was the right thing to do.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]A local soccer guru and journalist here in Cork told me the MSL are pushing hard for every team to have flood lights so they can have friday night leagues.
Teams (even at that level) are having major problems getting guys out on saturdays and sundays due to work, drinking and competition from GAA and Rugby. They believe they can hold on to the GAA players for the whole season if they have games on fridays, as it would give them a longer break to sunday and may entice more guys to stay involved for the whole season.

I told him most decent GAA players only ever use soccer to stay fit for GAA anyway, so i doubt it would make much difference. The robbing of money and all the other controversies that go along with Junior soccer in Cork are turning off people from it. Our local GAA club has crushed the local soccer club in recent times due to better facilities and organisation.

Long may it continue.[/quote]

I like that notion of crushing the Soccer clubs Kev,its right along the lines id be thinking mesef:thumbsup:

There will always be kids who don’t want to play GAA and want to play proper football (the type of football where you can’t use your hands), long may that continue.

Whats all this I’m reading about Fenlon needed to beg for a “dig-out” to finance the trip to Derry?

I just feel sorry for them at this stage.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-and-kenny-clash-over-travel-itineraries-1898786.html

:smiley:

surplus to requirements- he is behind baker,twigg, amond,barrett & is one of the higher earners

a great servant , i wish him the best

KOH
NCC

surplus to requirements- he is behind baker,twigg, amond,barrett & is one of the higher earners

a great servant , i wish him the best

KOH
NCC[/quote]

Very kind and noble words NCC, well done. :smiley:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]A local soccer guru and journalist here in Cork told me the MSL are pushing hard for every team to have flood lights so they can have friday night leagues.

Long may it continue.[/quote]

according to the ESRI there are 3 times more football players in ireland than in agrisports combined:p

The ESRI is a jokeshop, met some of their “employees” recently, fucking hell, borderline psychotics.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Thats a bad attitude to have Kev, the more sporting organisations out there the better imo. Its imerative that we tackle teenage obesity in this country, and this must be done by offering every kind of outlet for children of all ages.

Soccer clubs have a role to play in Irish society, I wouldnt like to see any sporting organisation “crushed”. They should all be able to coexist.[/quote]

i love all sports apart from west brit sports & agrisports - i wish people could share my attitude & we would be a healthier nation

KOH
NCC

i hate them

[quote=“north county corncrake”]i love all sports apart from west brit sports & agrisports - i wish people could share my attitude & we would be a healthier nation

KOH
NCC[/quote]

Which Dublin soccerball club are you going to support when Shamrock go under in around 6 Months time?,Sporting Fingal would suit Shamrock fans ye’ve a lot in common with them,they use 100% state owned facilities aswell and actually own no assets of any kind,you Shamrock people will fit right into that culture:thumbsup:

BOGTROTTER ALERT