Shaving Thread

Happy to have made you smile.

1 Like

Maybe, but you’re probably burning through a packet of ladyshaves a month

What’s wrong babe? Are you angry with me?

Not in the slightest. Do you wax at all?

I nearly LOL’d, and tosnt often you’d do that reading TFK

probably a nono

You girls really do have the hots for me. It’s an awful pity for ye.

1 Like

Get a razor pit to keep blades sharper and cleaner longer

Do any of you guys use a rotary shaver?

It’s probably been the guts of a decade since I had one and was wondering if they have improved much?

I generally used to find that they were grand in a pinch or that but you’d never get a fully clean shave and you’d always have the little bits of stubble that it would miss.

I’m thinking of investing in one again. Have they improved at all in that regard or is it impossible to get the perfect shave with them?

Never liked them. Never just felt shaved after them. The wife got me one for Christmas there about 5 years ago. I used it about 3 times. Left it in the box after that.

They’re great if you let yourself go every now and then (I’m a very irregular shaver) and need to get things back under control, but I’d still need a run over with a regular razor to finish the job.

Yeah.

I’m a daily shaver but I’d never use a rotary shaver if it was long in any case. You’d need a trimmer to take it down first.

I haven’t been anyway beardy in a long time. I used to go through a cycle of letting it grow until I was eating moustache hairs and then shaving the whole lot off (have a trimmers as well). Tend to keep it trimmed more regularly now, probably once a week at least. To be honest, if you are a daily shaver I definitely wouldn’t bother with one.

1 Like

What brand of razor are you using at the moment?

Some Gillette model.

Id recommend BoldKing.

Get the blades delivered each month for a small fee.

4 Likes

+1 on them

@Copper_pipe did you get that DE razor? I use an Edwin Jagger DE89 myself, Astra blades and Clubman pinaud soap. Get yourself a decent badger brush too if you have to shave regularly, it will improve a wet shave in every way.

I didn’t. I’m happy enough with the BoldKing at the moment. Much better than the Gillette.

2 Likes

DE shaving is the next best thing after a straight razor, clean as a whistle, no pulling or tugging on your stubble. If anyone suffers from irritation or razor burn especially around the neck area get yourself an alum block, dirt cheap and hugely beneficial.