Shaving Thread

Not sure about that to be honest. But I guess it’s difficult to judge from a Facebook profile picture though.

I have a really lovely beard.

My beard is getting a little unruly.

How soon into the beard growing process can you use the trimmers to sculpt it. I would like the idea of growing one but after a week it gets a bit shit

My word. I have discovered the technique to a perfect shave.

I have quite thick facial hair and never get it down to a really smooth finish, even when getting turkish shaves. But this evening I tried a technique I read online earlier this week and incorporated it into my shaving routine. In bold below

1. Use a facial scrub and a hot face cloth and get them pores open.
  2. Get some shaving cream (not the shit gel that roasters like @Mac buy in Lidl) and a badger brush and get it into a good lather and apply to face
  3. Leave the cream sit on the face for a couple of minutes to it can penetrate the hair and soften it and your face
  4. Take your razor out of the close to boiling hot water in the sink (the hotter the water the better the shave)
  5. Shave with the grain
    6) reapply the shaving foam and this time go against the grain
  6. apply heaps of cold water to the face and then pat dry
  7. Give the face a good moisterising

Unreal, unbelievable

I do most of that already, the key is to carefully, lovingly even, massage the foam into your face I find, and wait 3 minutes, a good moisturiser is also essential

Anyone use that Harry’s.com that’s advertising on the Telly.

I looked at it but thought they weren’t set up for EU deliveries yet

Would have always thought points 6 and 7 to be complete no nos. Particularly the cold water. Albeit it is refereshing

Meant to be a load of shite

1 Like

Hot water at the start to open the pores, cold water at the finish to close them again.

Anyone here use a double edge razor? Thinking of making the switch…

Why would you do that mate?

Any of you guys tried dollar shave club?

Got an Electric Shaver for Christmas and it isn’t cutting it recently. (pun intended)

Cant be arsed forking the bones of 25 quid for Gillette blades every few weeks so the Double Edge razor seems to only other alternative…

Every few weeks? You must be like a hedgehog

1 Like

Here you go. One off purchase

What’s growing on your face at all, you must be like Brutus

The hydro5 from Wilkinson Is a better razor with cheaper blades

I get a year and a half or more out of one Gillette fusion blade. A packet of 7 easily does me a decade and they’re not even out that long. Secret is to shave in a hot shower. Smooth as a peach every time.

2 Likes

That gave me a right chuckle :grin: