Shaving Thread

cheers pukey must make a purchase…

Bought the lidl equivalent of the mac3 last saturday…Have had 5 shaves with it and it has cut the face off me each time…cunt of a thing

:rolleyes: shaving equipment is one thing I have learned the hard way not to scrimp on

That and shoes. Schoolboy error pukey.

Boots own branded (copy of the mac3) razor blades do a superb job.

I discovered them when I only had 4 in my pocket over in a London Boots in July. I couldn’t afford the mac3 blades so I just bought a boots razor pack that came with two blades, I even got change out of the 4. After I had my shave with the new razor I fucked my mac3 razor in the bin and I haven’t looked back since. Heap of overpriced shite, and it doesn’t inspire convidence in the Fusion blades either.

For soap I’m an old fashioned man, nothing beats a lather brush and a nice wooden jar of scented soap.

40 mach3 blades available on e-bay for $45.99 with free shipping.

Can’t do better than that!!!Got them last year for $39.99 with free postage…top job.:pint:

Whatever the next evolution of the Mach 3, thats what I have. 5 blades one, the job. I use the gel too. Tried the Lidl one, SBE as noted by MMB, scralled the face off myself, never again.

Fookin waste of money. I use the old system, soap and brush and off you go. We had one of the twins married about 3 weeks ago and on the morning I used a family heirloom, the “cutthroat”
'Tis the old, open-blade cutthroat, 100years old, that I use for 2/3-day events.
You shave on a Friday,smooth as a baby’s arse, nothing at all Sat. and when you begin thinking again on Sunday, well, maybe I’ll get away again.

[quote=“Boxtyeater”]Fookin waste of money. I use the old system, soap and brush and off you go. We had one of the twins married about 3 weeks ago and on the morning I used a family heirloom, the “cutthroat”
'Tis the old, open-blade cutthroat, 100years old, that I use for 2/3-day events.
You shave on a Friday,smooth as a baby’s arse, nothing at all Sat. and when you begin thinking again on Sunday, well, maybe I’ll get away again.[/quote]

:pint:

:pint::wink:

:mad:

[quote=“Boxtyeater”]Fookin waste of money. I use the old system, soap and brush and off you go. We had one of the twins married about 3 weeks ago and on the morning I used a family heirloom, the “cutthroat”
You shave on a Friday,smooth as a baby’s arse, nothing at all Sat. and when you begin thinking again on Sunday, well, maybe I’ll get away again.[/quote]

:clap:

And sure if you do need a shave on the Sunday, the Nurse can try to shave around the bandages !!!

If someone could come up with a cream that stops the growth of facial hair then they would make a fortune.

:clap:

I bought this yoke for about 22euro online. You’re supposed to be able to get 150 shaves with the one razorblade. That’s a bit of an exaggeration but it does defenitely get you way more shaves per mach3 blade.
It works perfect if you shave with ordinary shaving foam(not gel). I’d get 8weeks at least out of the one razorblade shaving every second day. However I have been shaving with king of shaves shaving oil lately and it does not work with that. Doesn’t seem to take any of the residue off the blades at all.
I have to say though king of shaves is great stuff if you shave every day or two. If you leave any more growth than that though the foam needs to be ressurected to take the rough stuff off.

[media=youtube]d2xq8lHAjeA

Bought an auld badger brush and some Lavera shaving cream from the health shop a few weeks ago. Amazing the difference it made, no rash along the neck at all anymore, way better than the canned stuff.

I had my last shave of the year last Wednesday. It’s going to be wild as fuck by the 4th of January

Any particular reason you’re going beardy Fran?

I went beardy last January too-wild out it was. Some job getting rid of it.