Shit that makes you feel old

I’m almost too old to enter the rose of tralee.

Which one?

Piles is the only one around here who can enter the Rose of Tralee.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01619/bebeto_1619864a.jpg

Bebeto’s son, who’s birth was the inspiration for that great celebration from USA 94 has been called into the Brazil U/20 squad.

Soundgarden releasing a new album after 16 years! 16 years! I remember going into HMV buying the “superunknown” when it was released…Superunknown was their second last before they broke up!

And what a brilliant album Superunknown is.
I’ll be getting the new one.

The new album is great! Check them out on Letterman, there’s an hour performance by them.

I was in a pub watching that game, and drinking legally. Ah Jaysus…

I’m 2 years older than Piles, ffs…

You were slap bang in the middle of the last good era for music, the early 90s…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpziCYz2iU

Bloody hell!

Oh yes indeed!! Never to old for Soundgarden. Chris Cornell is looking well for a man hitting 50, though I suppose you would be too if you didn’t have to get up every morning, clothe the kids, get them to school and do a days work, not to mind cleaning out the gutters at weekends…

Was listening to Definitely Maybe the other day. Released in 1994. It falls into the category of this thread.

Was listening to Parklife at a mates the other evening, that made me feel auld too. Released in 1994 too.

Quality albums (Parklife and Definitely Maybe). The 90s was a good era for music. Lots of the bands that got big are still going and still influential. Seattle scene, Blur etc. Though the later Blur stuff is still good…
What makes me feel old is talking to young ones who were born in 1992! They weren’t around for Kevin Sheedy in 1990!!! AAAAGGGGHHH!!!

Nightly routine before bed:
Take out dentures and clean them (broke a load of my teeth when 18, now have dentures)
Put in two types of eye drops (lost sight in right eye when 34)
Apply anti inflammatory gel to elbow (diagnosed with tennis elbow last week, fucking hurts)
I’m 40.

At least I don’t have to take any medication, yet. I’d hate to think how long it takes Fagan to get to bed.

I heard Black Hole Sun last week on the radio (to mark the solar eclipse). Hadn’t heard it in years. Happy times.

Christ Fitzy, did you ever think of just getting yourself put down

It would seem to be the most humane thing to do… :wink: