Shit that makes you feel old

But then Flatty doesn’t get to try on @iron_mike’s wife’s knickers?

Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being. Halfheartedness does not reach into majesty. - Rumi

Was this your last day of zapping, Mike? Hopefully that’s a great present right there. Some good suggestions posted - spa treatments, etc. Sometimes th simple things are best. Quality time together with family.

It is done.
€345 on a full day of all the luxuries of a spa treatment for herself and 2 persons of her choice.
Included in this is afternoon tea.
We will also be dining out as a family on Saturday evening in the Ashbrook house in Durrow ( I’m sure you’ll agree with this choice @myboyblue)
I am also committing to Venice for a long weekend at some stage during the summer. This is dependent on what date is set for my surgery but even more importantly what way the hurling is going.
Monday ( her actual birthday ) is my last day of chemo and radiotherapy. Therefore after hammering the shit out of the bell in Whitfield, we will also stop off for a celebratory slap up meal ( venue tbc )
Thank you all for your thoughtful suggestions .
They are greatly appreciated.

39 Likes

:pint:

You’re some man, Mick.

1 Like

Enjoy mate, a lovely spot

1 Like

@Tassotti had a nugget there above. A simple 1 page letter enclosed in a commerative card praising her to high heaven will go a long way…

I remember Granny being 40. We closed her eyes, ran the full gamut of pinning etc…
She was imagining some wonderful piece of jewellry…

The I’m 40 badge was a comedown.

1 Like

a handwritten letter is worth more than any money

2 Likes

You’re a lucky man to have been blessed with such great wife. There is nothing more satisfying than giving nice gifts to your love. Bom homem Mike

1 Like

Jesus wept :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Spending 10 minutes looking for the glasses to then discover they were on my head.

3 Likes

You could have crowbarred the hurling final into the text there as in :

" I was going to look at the AIHF there " but I couldn’t find my specs…

1 Like

No poor @Horsebox would have went over the edge

@Batigol you cunt

Bit of a technicality really. I well remember us being in division 1. Then before that, when it was split and 1A nand 1B were on the same level, we were always in 1B. The last time we actually played in 1A was 2001, when I was 13

1 Like

3 Likes

49 today

20 Likes

Happy Birthday

1 Like

Have you a bar in your grate at all at all?

What’s a grate?