I had you down as older than 29.

5 Likes

https://www.odeoncinemas.ie/odeon-scene/e-t-40th-anniversary-2022/
E.T is 40 lads. Fucking hell

He looked older at the time

7 Likes

Bad skincare regime

Benjamin Button innit

When I worked in the local pub as a young fella, the guys coming into the bar were around my age now, or a few years younger even, though at the time, they seemed like proper men to me. Farah slacks, moustaches, Shaws shirts, keys hanging off belt, families reared, houses, proper gardens. Professional porter drinkers.
Do I look like that to some young fella? Maybe. Maybe not.

2 Likes

When you pluck out a nose hair, and it’s grey

6 Likes

When your second daughter heads off back to college and tells you she’s all good for money…old but proud

6 Likes

My young lads are obsessed when they see Garda cars, fire engines, Dublin buses or anything like that. The eldest lad was telling my auld lad at the weekend that we saw a Garda car with the lights flashing when we were down town in Wexford. So off my auld lad goes and produces this framed picture of himself in his Garda regalia and he was telling the kid that he used to be a policeman etc. I’d seen this picture many times and I always thought he looked like an auld lad in it and was maybe in his early 50s at the time but never dwelt on it. I just happened to ask him how old he was in the picture and I nearly fell off the chair when he replied “35”. That’s 5 years younger than I am now. Granted there’s been massive advances in skin care and I look amazing but I was shocked.

21 Likes

haha, yeah, I know what you mean. You see old pics of footballers in their 20s and they look like auld fellas. Taches etc. Though you see a hipster young guy with a tache now and he still looks like a young fella with a tache.
Gardai always had old mans heads on themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that picture.

I’d have had CPO Bandage at about 40 in it.

But I’d put you at 50 right now if I didn’t know you.

4 Likes

Like context in a tfk debate - pluck it out.

1 Like

When a trip to Woodies seems to take the whole day, especially as it’s just around the corner.

They have a discount for pensioners on Thursdays you know…

1 Like

I’m not that old yet TG…

There’s no right thread for this, nothing under nostalgia.

We were talking about old games today, did anybody ever play a game called ‘polio’, how did it go? I remember running up and down but not the purpose,
Another game where you played against a wall with a football and had to call a name as you kicked it, anybody??

We used to play the second game in the handball alley in weston. You called a name and if the ball got passed them they were out

It was class

2 Likes

We played pole… which i presume was widespread in Ireland… but a local had greasy scum up all along his wall to deter people climbing it. We always sent loser of pole over the wall

Probably different names ? What was the rules?

Second game was called Walls.

Polio was like bulldog