Shit that makes you feel old

I presume these are still played in big estates?

It’s called…Wallball. still play it with the kids.

Hangers we called it

Just walls, you’re probably right.
I don’t think our Polio was a contact game, as far as I remember two people would be standing at a point about 20 yards from a pier or a box of sone sort, then something would happen and they’d have to run up, down and up again to the pier to win the round, but there was some element of strategy which I can’t recall, we had a similar game called ‘television programmes’ whereby somebody would give a clue about the programme or the time and channel it was on before you got to do the same thing, it was a break from kerbs or just soccer :man_shrugging:

Bulldog ended up in rows in our place lads thumping each other

3 Likes

We played a game called 45 where one person was on and counted at a base or pole to 45 and everyone else hid. They had to leave the pole to search and you had to time it to break from hiding to get back to base. If you were first caught you were next on 45. If the last person got free all were freed and you had to be on again

2 Likes

That was Tip the can for us,
My kids play it in Mary I and it’s 45

2 Likes

Pole up against a wall and you had to hit it with the ball… Usually go in order so you shoot from where the ball stops from the previous attempt

1 Like

This was made for the Cork weirdo thread.

We used play night time grand national. You had to run through all the back gardens of a terrace of houses in the estate jumping over walls through hedges etc under cover of darkness. Extra kudos if the resident owned a shotgun.

14 Likes

Fucking brilliant that brought back a memory. We had the exact same thing minus the shotgun. I haven’t thought of that in 25 years I’d say.

We used to play walls as well you could solo the ball up to the wall then call a name and hammer it against the wall or else do a cheeky kinda drop shot. Used cause some fights.

1 Like

That was called Barney Fudge. No idea why. And none of the people would have had shotguns.
We also used to go over the wall into the home for the disabled and play on their state of the art playground and get a chase from the nuns. Not so proud of that one…

Federer retiring made me feel old

1 Like

Sounds like cricket mate.

We use to do something similar and run along the walls of the back gardens from one end to the other having to avoid the odd vicious alsation or whatever mongrel was in the back garden. One night we were doing it and the local crazy neighbour came out and chased us for miles. The cunt was a marathon runner. We couldnt shake the fucker.

3 Likes

We did it in a neighbours house. It was surrounded by these tall evergreen hedges, and we’d get up high in them, you’d be able to sit inside the trees high up, so we tried to go around the perimeter of the house, but on the hedge tops. The neighbour on the other side came out one day and poked a boat oar through the hedge when he caught us.

Mickey Joe Harte is a grandfather

3 Likes

Only now?

Last year he’ll play conkers.

He won the title one year with Billy Bob Joe/Conker McGregor.

2 Likes

Not worth a shite to make the conkers stronger.

Makes them weaker if anything.