Shit that makes you feel old

who the fuck is Johny Pilkingtonshire?

I moved to a new job recently and there was an induction type thing at the start. I was chatting to a few fellow new joiners who told me that there were just out of college, some of them having done a masters. We discussed the usual - price of rent in Dublin, good pubs etc etc. They were clearly very mature.

For some reason one of the students was asked at one stage for their date of birth which she said was sometime in September 1994. It’s hard to fathom how someone is so au fait with the ways of the world and starting their career yet they weren’t BORN at the time of the Ray Houghton’s goal v Italy, Leitrim’s Connacht Championship win and Brendan O’Donnell going on the rampage on the Clare Galway border.

4 Likes

David Beckham and Posh Spice have been married for 18 years.

And I was almost 17 when they got married.

:eek:

Fagan was in his third marriage back then. Imagine how he feels.

1 Like

My online shopping these days consists of signing up for accounts with energy and bin companies as opposed to buying flights or concert tickets.

Being in the older half of the population

A resilient couple .

Not being able to stomach popular music on the radio anymore

You know your fucked when they’re playing 80’s music on rte radio 1

That formative years thread does the job as well

When your driving license expires, instead of renewing it for an Irish one, you swop it for a Polski one and they give you one that will take you up to your 65th birthday.

**[quote=“balbec, post:111, topic:16245, full:true”]
When your driving license expires, instead of renewing it for an Irish one, you swop it for a Polski one and they give you one that will take you up to your 65th birthday.
[/quote]
:fearful:

Polish licenses only last 3 years?

11 Likes

Boom.

Swan outta that you cheeky fucker :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

cough

1 Like

:clap:

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-10-2015/E8JjuS.gif

1 Like

The celebrity deaths thread

Turned on 2fm last weekend to hear them playing Nelly Furtado from 2001 on the Golden Hour.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/roPQ_M3yJTA
Was it this song @Mac? Just to make it a bit worse it was from 2000.