Should Gerry Adams stay on as Leader of Sinn Fein?

:eek:

you’d miss @KIB man for this type of thing

who is this mate?

The victim went to the police 26 years ago and they didnt do anything about it because she wouldnt act as of spy.Adams himself went to the police twice over the years

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 866888, member: 24”]The story as I know it is as follows:

• Niece told Gerry about abuse
  • Gerry did nothing about it in terms of reporting for about 15 years. Some say he didn’t want to go to the RUC and once PSNI was set up he reported it.

The key question is - did the abuse continue after Aine told Gerry?[/quote]

nah

Niece told adams about the abuse then went to the police,this happened 26 years agon
Police did nothing about it

Supporters of SF/Adams have happily turned a blind eye to credible evidence of involvement in murder, torture, intimidation, illegal cash generating activities etc and it hasn’t upset their moral code so I can’t imagine it’ll be too difficult for them to ignore this away too. A “Meeja Witchhunt” eh?

1 Like

uncle toms and pan unionists have happily turned a blind eye to credible evidence of state sponsored murder of innocent people, torture, intimidation, and it hasn’t upset their moral code so I can’t imagine it’ll be too difficult for them to ignore the fact that the British authorities did nothing about this despite knowing about it for 26 yeras away too. It’s “Gerry’s fault” eh?

Sadly this is true

I don’t disagree but that is another story of depravity and sorrow.

Whataboutery of the worst sort there. So you’re happy with the way Gerry Adams handled the whole situation?

He actually fairly recently sent his niece a copy of his autobiography which he had dedicated to the man who had repeatedly raped her when she was a child. I think Gerry Adams has been a great force for good in this country, and I am extremely loth to say this, as I truly think that he has given a lot of himself and without him and mcguinness and John Hume, the peace process would still be a dream, but he is the wrong side of this one, and it is such a big thing, he should not run for elected office again.
The hypocrisy, when ira squads were apparently sent to deal their brand of justice to other paedophiles is startling, but then, as it says in American Beauty, never underestimate the power of denial.

I think like anything else it should be left to the members of SF to decide whether or not he is to remain as leader. Its then up to us whether or not we want to vote for him/them.

In short its nobody’s business really, let them do what they think is in the best interest of the partry and let the chips fall where they may.

This thread reminds me a bit of the opening of Croke park. Everyone had an opinion on it when it was nobody’s business except GAA members what they wanted to do with their own stadium.

Personally I think its too early for SF to jettison Adams, he is still the glue that holds both factions together in the party, ie the more militant north vs the cossetted southern members. In any other country except Eire he’d be held up as a beacon of light for what he has done to bring peace. We don’t do historical accuracy though in this place. We shunned our northern brethren in their hour of need so rather than admit to that we demonise the few who stood up for themselves.
In short we are a cowardly race. I can’t imagine I’d have any time for Adams personally but I respect his achievements. I have far more respect for him than any FF/FG/Lab TD anyway.

That’s not saying much though. I can’t understand why he still denies ira membership. If he truly believed it was a just war, why would he deny it? Like I said above, his recent achievements are remarkable, but covering up child rape???
Ps we are all allowed an opinion. It is as much our business as an opinion on any other politician.

[quote=“flattythehurdler, post: 867588, member: 1170”]That’s not saying much though. I can’t understand why he still denies ira membership. If he truly believed it was a just war, why would he deny it? Like I said above, his recent achievements are remarkable, but covering up child rape???
Ps we are all allowed an opinion. It is as much our business as an opinion on any other politician.[/quote]

Sinn Fein are not the IRA and the IRA are not Sinn Fein.

[quote=“flattythehurdler, post: 867588, member: 1170”]That’s not saying much though. I can’t understand why he still denies ira membership. If he truly believed it was a just war, why would he deny it? Like I said above, his recent achievements are remarkable, but covering up child rape???
Ps we are all allowed an opinion. It is as much our business as an opinion on any other politician.[/quote]

the victim went to the police 26 years ago, not sure how you can perceive that the uncle covered it up

He should definitely stay, he is great craic

Wonderful, wonderful words from Gerry as he paid tribute to Nelson… the leader of our country sat across from him can’t even spell his name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsBhEBWM3M

Yes.

Yep Gerry needs to go if SF want to have a chance of getting into government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXR5dgRmO0

So Gerry needs to go, Enda needs to go… Who else pal?