Should McGeady leave the SPL

Fine, if you insist.

Jog on.
:rolleyes:

either way, take the hint.

Score stands at 15-0.

Agreed he was a great player. He didn’t need to leave Celtic to prove that to himself. The fact that he proved it to others after he had passed his peak tells you all you need to know about the perceptiveness of those who did not rate him before then.

[quote=“treaty_exile”]did he tell you this himself or is it garnered from your own experience?
what good is performing at your pinnacle in a second-rate league? surely anyone with a modicum of ambition would be curious to discover if his pinnacle was to be found on a bigger stage?[/quote]

It’s mainly garnered from my own experience.
For all sorts of reasons some of the best players in all sports in history have represented teams that were operating below the top level. That’s not a lack of ambition. I consider Jerzy Dudek sitting on the bench at Real Madrid a lack of ambition. Playing your best for a club you love, that’s the stuff of heroes.

If a move to a Villa, Everton or Spurs worked out and led to a transfer to a Liverpool, Arsenal or Utd then it is a stepping stone. He’s unlikely to be picked up by Bara now since he won’t be playing against them anytime soon. Whether you personally find it agreable or not Rocko, Celtic’s inability to make the league stages (probably more to do with Rangers damaging the SPL co-efficient as it does with Celtic’s performances) has increased the likelihood of McGeady leaving at the end of the year. His options are not limited to the biggest EPL club that will take him.

Rangers have a better co-efficient than Celtic. The welcome changes from UEFA scuppered Celtic’s chances of getting into the Champions League group stages this season but really it was the shocking loss of the title to a poor huns team that has cost McGeady his place on the biggest stage.

Celtic will rebound and the up side of UEFA’s changes means they are likely to figure in the group stages in future when they win the league. That’s a cracking incentive.

I really don’t think Aresnal, Liverpool or Manchester United will have problems sending scouts to Glasgow anyway.

Ah come on. I’ll grant you he didn’t need to leave Celtic, the point is he did. Staying in his comfort zone would, to me, have been a far greater sign of insecurity than needing the approval of others to validate himself. A man like that pays no heed to the opinions of others, perceptive or not.

Celtic will rebound and the up side of UEFA’s changes means they are likely to figure in the group stages in future when they win the league. That’s a cracking incentive.

What incentive? Beat a dour Rangers team over a season and more than likely you’ll get to experience more 3-1 hidings every 2nd week? Where does that leave him? At best, exactly where he was 2 years ago. The side is probably a bit weaker now if anything, going by the display of some of the new signings.

I really don’t think Aresnal, Liverpool or Manchester United will have problems sending scouts to Glasgow anyway.

My point is that without the shop window of the champions league group stages, McGeady would be right to ask if holding down a regular spot in a half-decent EPL side would be a better spring-board for him at this stage in his career. Regular games against Arsenal, Liverpool or United would be better than a dozen scouting reports. With the financial turmoil in the SPL, he’ll be playing against weaker teams now than even 12 months ago. And their main competition are a “poor” Rangers side.

Again, there’s no need to restrict this to the EPL. There are plenty of continental sides who could give a better account of themselves than the current Celtic side in Europe (admittedly, in transition) and would therefore be a better career choice for McGeady now. Assuming he’s good enough.

[quote=“Rocko”]. Playing your best for a club you love, that’s the stuff of heroes.

[/quote]

I find this to be totally and utterly laughable. Can I just take the example of Aiden McGeady - who was willing to leave Celtic in a huff over an argument or two with Gordan Strachan. Are there any current players who you would class as “loving” Celtic? I’m sure if any other club offered to double the wages of any player at any club there won’t be a moments pause on the players part anyway.

Stuff of heroes? Jaysus. This is akin to Shans breakdown after the Champions league final.

Its a tough day for the Celtic folk flano, nearly as tough as it was for poor ol shan a few weeks back.

It is worth remembering that Aiden McGeady is no Brian Laudrup, the greatest winger ever to set foot in Scotland…

Aiden McLaudrup. Has a nice ring to it.

the longer he stays at Glasgow will lessen his chances of signing for a big club.

if he’s still darting around Falkirks fullbacks when hes 27 or 28 then he will have wasted a career.

go now son while you are young enough to learn and develop.
up Eire.

I’ve made my points on this thread. Obviously a couple of ye don’t agree but not much point debating it forever.

I will agree to be bound by the results of the poll in true TFKocracy. I can say no fairer than that.

[quote=“Rocko”]I’ve made my points on this thread. Obviously a couple of ye don’t agree but not much point debating it forever.

I will agree to be bound by the results of the poll in true TFKocracy. I can say no fairer than that.[/quote]

Apology accepted. Mcgeady needs to leave the SPL. TFK has spoken. 15-2.

I voted for him to stay as i felt the options were a bit too simplistic

A bit like the thread starter

I think you’re a touch like the Iraqi information minister here. You haven’t counted every vote and I’m not sure you are accurately representing the current standings.

It’s irrelevant anyway. I will abide by the official results.

Not even :smiley: rock editing the poll can stop the masses speaking.

Also the scandalous goings on by the admins in this poll bring into question the results of every other poll on TFK. Something Ive long suspected…

[quote=“Rocko”]I think you’re a touch like the Iraqi information minister here. You haven’t counted every vote and I’m not sure you are accurately representing the current standings.

It’s irrelevant anyway. I will abide by the official results.[/quote]

Sure mugabe.

[quote=“Rocko”]I’ve made my points on this thread. Obviously a couple of ye don’t agree but not much point debating it forever.

I will agree to be bound by the results of the poll in true TFKocracy. I can say no fairer than that.[/quote]

Funnily enough, I’ll disagree with you there.

There’s a fantastic evening’s drinking to be had debating this topic.

And your willingness to abide by the results of an anonymous poll speaks volumes for you as an admin.
Or maybe i’m just used to abusive admins and now look upon you in the same light that a battered housewife views the first man who doesn’t bate her around the kitchen.