Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

Rest in Peace Jim

2 Likes

The Claw got a suspension the Mary’s lad a new ear.

In all fairness “the Claw” was an absolute pig of a man.

I think this was 1996

1 Like

What did he do to the French that annoyed them so much? That was before I started “watching rugby” but I was at the age where I had just started reading the Sunday sports supplements so I knew that there was some big controversy there and Clohessy was despised in France.

Ah very good thanks

You’d want to be a bit of a psychopath to do that to another human being.

1 Like

Did one of the frenchies bite the claw on the arm during a European game?

I saw him at the 2007 All ireland puffing away on a small type of cigar alongside a pair of Shams.Half time around the toilets,if I recall correctly.

He wasn’t particularly big but he had a look in his eye that you wouldn’t associate with many people for sure.A right dangerous,menacing looking fucker.

Olivier Roumaut drove forward with a ball one day against Ireland and Fred Cogley commentating said "And Roumaut has it!

1 Like

That was the last time Ireland played in the biennial graveyard of the Parc Des Princes in the Five Nations. My recollection is that we got a penalty try late on in that match to take the bare look off the scoreline (it went from 45-3 to 45-10). I think, I could be wrong, but I think it’s the only time we were ever awarded a try in a Five Nations match at the Parc Des Princes, 1974 being the first time Ireland played there.

Actually I’ve just checked it and Freddie McLennan got a try in 1980.

Still, two tries in 12 visits - only one scored by an Irishman - is some going.

1 Like

Those adidas balls they used :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

A good rugby ball is supposed to be like a bar of soap.

1 Like

The Adidas wallaby ball

A classic

Like the beige Gilbert Match

1 Like

Paris in the springtime sunshine, a boisterous home crowd, galic flair was always a receipe for a hammering for the Irish visitors.

The band playing in the stand and a cockerel roaming on the pitch.

1 Like

She has the cut of a one with a big pair of tits

And still is

4 Likes

So the players can drop it in the shower?

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere.

Very sad.