Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

Frank Murray. Manager of Thin Lizzy and The Pogues.

1 Like

Iā€™m very sad at hearing this news. Got to know him very well when I was his accountant in London. Frank was such a character. Great fun. A proud Dub and a true gent.

3 Likes

Was he worth much?

Nah his daughter Shannon broke her neck when she was around 14 diving into the sea. He spent his money on trying to make her life as well as he could.

And they were an Irish family. They spent it as they got it. Broke at the end of the month like the rest of us.

5 Likes

Jaysus thatā€™s a cunt of a thing.

1 Like

Shannon went on to do well. At her 18th birthday party in Ladbroke Grove she was on the dance floor with a load of black dudes balancing the wheelchair on two wheels. Frank asked me to stay back to help get her down the stairs at the end of the night. Then we heard a mumbled offer of help. McGowan was slumped in a chair at the back. Frank declined his offer!!!

She became a fashion model for Vivienne Westwood, then an actress, writer etc

2 Likes

Is that MGG???

Sorry MacGowan. Was his accountant too and canā€™t spell his name!!!

Kirsty McCall, Sinead Oā€™Connor and Patrick Bergin were at the party too. I remember some famous US actor was there too but cant remember who!!! Itā€™s a few years ago now and Iā€™d plenty of drink in me.

Miruts Yifter ā€œThe Shifter.ā€ 5,000M & 10,000M
double Olympic gold medalist in Moscow.

Didnt know him obviouxly, but very sad to hear of Frank Murrays passing. Always seemed like a character apart from what he achieved.

1 Like

Frankā€™s attitude in life was ā€˜the glass is always fullā€™ even through a lot of the tough times he had. We could all do with a pinch of that view.

3 Likes

Gene Cernan

The last man to walk on the moon.

Rachel Heyhoe Flint gone for a duck

1 Like

Hardly, she was 77

@farmerinthecity. Jaki Liebezeit, drummer with Can has died aged 78.

Did she get the umpires finger?

Property developer Owen Oā€™Callaghan.

He canā€™t go on any more

Aw no.

The greatest drummer ever in my view.

1 Like

Good article on Jaki here.