Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

I never played against Paul McCarthy BTW, he was on a team with Keane and Alan O Sullivan, two other outstanding players, a few years ahead of me.

Vitaly Churkin, the Russian Ambassador to the UN, has died suddenly in New York. :popcorn:

Desmond Connell has died.

Former Fine Gael TD and Tonight With Vincent Browne regular Peter Mathews has died aged 65.

That’s sad news. I was a regular Tonight With Vincent viewer when he was a guest staple - Vincent and Mathews had some very entertaining and heated exchanges.

I enjoyed his contributions in relation to the banking crisis circa 2009/10.

However, he made a bit of a tit of himself during the media debate over the X Case legislation that arose in 2013 after the Savita Halappanavar case broke in late 2012.

Real Madrid great and 1958 Ballon d’Or winner Raymond Kopa passed away this morning aged 85.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5-4kJDWUAAWOSV.jpg

John Surtees.
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10003789.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/John-Surtees.jpg
The only man to have won world championships on motorbikes and in Formula One.

Maureen Haughey.

Daughter of Sean Lemass and wife of the late former Taoiseach Charles.

I’d say she’s at the gates roaring for Terry Keane to come out

1 Like

91, god love her, it must have been a difficult enough life on many levels being married to that man.
Mad to think Charlie would be 91 if alive today

Difficult? She lived like a Queen because of what he achieved. Show a bit of respect you prick.

1 Like

He achieved? Fuck off you jennet, he stole more like.

An old TFK dilemma.

He put this country on the map, all a cunt like you did was run away. You wouldn’t be have been fit to breath the same air as a stateman such as him.

1 Like

Conor McGregor put this country on the map, pal.

What fuckimg map did he put us on? He stole from the state, he used the votes of the people to enrich himself and still fuckwits like you aggrandise him. You mug.

Ah, I think you’ll find Nicky English put us on the map.

Charles Haughey was our greatest ever statesman, the only leader we ever had on a par with someone like Margaret Thatcher

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect a roaster like fitzy to understand international politics. They must sneer at paddy the eejit beyont in Australia