Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

He’d be willing to do the basket collection during the mass anyway.

Liam O Connor, 1982 Offaly full back and deliverer of the most famous assist in GAA history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zX-DDznyk

An added bonus of that Offaly jersey being the greatest in GAA history.

There is no appropriate smiley/icon as likeing a post could be misinterpreted as likeing somebody dying - do we need an RIP button

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 869016, member: 180”]Liam O Connor, 1982 Offaly full back and deliverer of the most famous assist in GAA history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zX-DDznyk

An added bonus of that Offaly jersey being the greatest in GAA history.[/quote]

That’s sad. He must have still have been a pretty young man. That was a great “footballing” team.

He was 58. Worked as a bouncer in Club 92 in Leopardstown for last decade or more

Seriously? Jaysus, that is absolutely the last thing I would have expected to hear. Was he a big man?

Kennelly, Paidi, Egan, O Connor, quite a few gone from that epic encounter already.

Alcohol to blame for at least 2 of them.

I must have missed that in the coroners reports.

Don’t be an utter spastic all your life.

The poor bastard. I wouldn’t wish that job on any man.

Which two were these, now?

Yeah he was tall enough - kind of fella you meet with broad back and shoulders who never stepped inside a gym

Eugene McGee says when they won it the overwhelming feeling in the dressing room was anti-climax and is that it?

Brolly says something similar about winning his All Ireland - an anti-climax

Good ol kev, an authority on everything and an expert on nothing.

And yet anyone on the site could easily recall one of kevs posts and none of yours

Oh don’t worry art, none of us will forget you thats for sure.

Oh i know mbb. When i pop my clogs its the celebrity deaths thread for me.

This thread will serve as a fitting epitaph for you

You know well.

Out of respect for those 2 lads and their families I’m not going into this at length. But at the same time there is no point in ignoring reality and the true sadness behind those 2 great footballers and men passing away. One was something we could witness happen on our way home from school every evening, or when I worked in a local pub in my teens.