Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

Unless he frequented the watering holes of Malahide heā€™s not a celeb mate, and Mark E didnā€™t strike me as the type.

U2 hopefully

That horse trainer who told Tracey Piggott he was gonna get a ride after his horse won is dead, Peter Casey RIP

A man whose tight-as-two-coats-of-paint philosophy has furnished probably half of Europeā€¦

Work on the coffin starting as we speak

Next day delivery guaranteed.

:rollseyes:

Galway 1-15 Antrim 1-15

Galway will probably win this by 8 points.

I see Seams Pattison ex Carlow/ Kilkenny labour TD and Ceann Comhairle has left us

Pat Brophy, centre back on the 1986 Laois National Football League winning team, died at the weekend. Aged only 60, heā€™s first from that team to go, a team as well know for the ā€œBattle of Aughrimā€ as winning that game against Nudie Hughesā€™ Monaghan. He was chairman of Emo GAA up until last year when he stepped down as a result of his illness.

My first time in Croke Park was for that National League winning run, that team of Curly Prendergast, Liam Irwin, Colm & Gerry Browne, Mick & Miley Dempsey, Atch Whelan, Paddy Dunne, they were like Gods to us, and inspired the Laois Minor teams of the 90ā€™s as a result.

May he Rest in Peace.

5 Likes

Hot Rod from Justified-RIP

Sad news Mike, I hadnā€™t heard that down here in Limerick.
Is there a Labour TD in Carlow/Kilkenny now?

No. Ann Phelan lost the Labour seat at the last election.

No 2 for 2 ff 1sf

Icelandic composer Johan Johannsson, who in recent years, has become more well known for his film scores has died

1 Like

Very sad, lovely composer. Heā€™ll be best known for The Theory of Everything but had so many other fantastic pieces.

https://youtu.be/L1pnayWa4dY

1 Like

Morgan Tsvangirai

Morgan Tsvangirai.

Snap

1 Like

Decent guy rip.