1 Like

RIP. Very sad

1 Like
4 Likes

Terrible troubled person
Genius
Mental health needs looked after, poor woman and her family

1 Like

Ah no. Jaysus there was no helping her sadly.

Such a talent. Such a gentle soul. An icon.

It’s outstanding

Ah that’s very sad. A tremendous singer and courageous person.

1 Like

Unbelievable soft person aswell

Her son died seemingly 6 or so months ago aswell,
Had to affect her immensely

2 Likes

Christy and Sinead were the two finest popular music singers Ireland has ever produced. Six weeks is all that separated them.

2 Likes

RIP Sinead. Hopefully her soul finds peace now. She was the most talented Irish singer of my lifetime. Up there with Luke Kelly. A force of nature. You listen to Nothing Compares 2U and your first thought is that that is all in the production and then you realise that unless the voice was so good and so strong that the production couldn’t hold together.

18 Likes

Unfortunately, Shane McGowan might add a 3rd. Unwell in hospital apparently

1 Like

I don’t even like to say it but a picture of Shane McGowan on twitter yesterday wouldn’t inspire you with confidence.

My brother sent a text, I had to break the news to my wife as if it was a family member, I’m sure I’ve posted in the past of her devotion to Sinéad O’Connor, I actually think my wife was so worried that it was a family member that she’s able to put it into perspective, but she’s heartbroken.

Our finest female voice, maybe finest full stop, this is my own favourite, RIP

9 Likes

a voice of a generation and a world class star but with significant troubles. RIP

That girl could sing. May she rest easy.

1 Like

I loved the narrative of, was it Paddy Maloney of how she rocked in to record ‘The Foggy Dew’. She held that magic within her.

1 Like
1 Like