Sinn Fein - Populism and Partionism

The perpetually ongoing inquiry that is waiting for Noonan to pop his clogs?

Bit of a difference between individuals doing horrible things such as the case highlighted above about the politician in 1977 and it being party policy for members to consult with the higher ups before giving a statement about crimes

1 Like

Yes, one has been covered up by the establishment for 43 years and the other has got long term prison sentence handed down.

Fr Niall Molloy is another skeleton in the FF closet.

that was one where all the arms of the state came together in beautiful harmony to protect the protected.

Thatā€™s the kind of stuff that makes @Tim_Riggins and @the_man_himself proud to be partitionist quislings.

Calm down there Gemma

As was pointed out to other Gemma superman @artfoley at the time, her documentary very conveniently ignored a key statement from a member of AGS at the time.

This is semantics really. The guy didnā€™t ā€œneed permissionā€, he sought it despite it not being required. The party told your man to speak to the Gardai if he wished and, more generally, encouraged anyone with information to do so. Itā€™d be like me asking my boss for permission to have a carvery dinner, him saying ā€œsure go on, if you wantā€ and everyone screaming that I need permission from work to have a carvery when I donā€™t really. Strange stuff from FG and that weird orangeman from Dublin Rathdown, Neale Richmond.

2 Likes

Must be awful for Tim that despite being correct here in that itā€™s not normal nobody gives a fcuk. Their vote is only going one way.

It also had two accounts from retired Gardai who have investigated the case and said unequivocally that a leading local FF politician interfered in the investigation.

SF administer British rule in Northern Ireland and accepted partition via the Good Friday Agreement. You can say Free State all you like, but you are simply the slow learners who arrived at the same point as everyone else decades later.

1 Like

SF are an all Ireland party.

FG are Free State Tories.

It would be more like you asking your boss if you could have a carvery dinner, and him then putting you onto the CEO for permission before you were allowed

5 Likes

Maybe if I said I remained uncomfortable and nervous about going for a carvery and would welcome reassurance from the CEO. And my boss kinda said, ā€œlookit, itā€™s not needed but Iā€™ll run it past him/her to put you at ease.ā€ Then Iā€™d go for a chicken curry half and half.

2 Likes

Except he didnā€™t, she spliced the documentary. It was shocking journalism, as I pointed out at the time. Indeed her subsequent behaviour has simply underlined this. Her superfans that ignored this are part responsible for leading us to this juncture with her.

What kind of fucked up workplace are you in that you feel the need to ask permission to have a carvery dinner and that your boss even brings it to the attention of the CEO? The fact you even have to consider asking permission about getting your chicken curry makes your workplace sound like a cultish clan.

4 Likes

Sounds like the arms of the state got to him.

The skeletons in the FFG closet are there for all to see, we saw how the upper echelons of the Gardai and Government work with regard to Maurice McCabe.

Nope. Full quotes from then at the time stated that. She edited her documentary to distort what was said.

That is why she fell out with a lot of the family.

SF are the only party south of the border implementing British rule in Northern Ireland.

Its a while since I read up on that case, but my recollection is that Marys mother is as much at fault for the cover up, if not more, than any political persuasion. I dont think FF can be totally eliminated from it, the accused being a prominent member and the usual nod nod wink wink of local counsellors to the gardai Iā€™m sure did happen. But the family is very much divided over it and I know equally as much, the family whilst cooperating with Gemma O Doherty at the time have no communication nor time for her now. The fact that there is any cover up, whether political or family based, is cause for concern and any local politicians should have been outspoken to demand justice served.

1 Like

Iā€™m not particularly referring to that obviously,just generally, same with all parties,spin spin spin, youā€™re not officially allowed to comment to media etc,