Sinn Fein - Populism and Partionism

You’ve lost it. You’re like the man Utd fan on here that keeps posting inane stuff about Liverpool… You won’t believe what Klopp/ Stanley said…

A single post today on the topic just to update the forum. You seem triggered by it all.

I think Stanley deserves a break. He’s learned his lesson and has a strong woman with good ideas behind him

2 Likes

:flushed:

Do I? I’ve hardly engaged and I’m not even aware of the full story here being honest.

Was Stanley in the Ra? He seems to be a bit of a political coward if nothing else.

1 Like

“And coming up next from Brian Stanley’s wife, we have the list of those who will be first up against the wall when sinn féin assume power.”

1 Like

Are all Spin Fein married to each other. Like a cult.

I’d say he was too stupid to have been an active member. He probably washed the balaclavas

Joe Duffy. It’s got to be Joe Duffy. He is everything that’s wrong with that rotten state.

RTÉ drive time just gave 10 mins to a random member of SF who resigned overnight over Stanley’s tweet from 2017. She is a member of the LGBQZT community or whatever that is.
Very good of them

The only thing that his wife is saying here is that it should be now

Mary Lou and Stanley not available to come on.

I think the ultra nationalist flag waving paramilitary elements of Sinn Fein have attracted a certain subset of people who in other countries would be attached to a far right grouping (Eoin o broin acknowledged they have that support that would go far right but explained it more sympathetically). That element of support is homophobic and racist and SF with Stanley and Holohan are partly reflective of that either by accident or design.

This story is more damaging for Sinn Fein than it might first have appeared as people like that woman who resigned are now shining a light on social media groups involving Sinn Fein members.

Cue a photo of 1930s Blueshirts

Mrs Stanley was kind enough to take her husbands seat on the council when he got the big job in the city. The ol politicians are all the same, same bird, different flock.

1 Like

Snollygosters the lot of them.

1 Like

Do not speak ill of the party

1 Like

There seems to be a very uneasy coalition at the heart of SFs recent success.

On one hand you have the unrepentant hard republican types. “Up the ‘Ra” etc etc. A lot from the North but not all and long-standing supporters. They probably lean conservative on social issues and every policy is ultimateky subservient to the goal of a SF led unified island. The @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy wing of the party.

On the other hand you have a young, left leaning, socially-liberal cohort who are utterly frustrated with what they see as the failure of centrist politics. Their main focus is economic and social issues - policies like housing etc. They see SF as a vehicle to change and largely see the historical baggage and modern echoes as unnecessary distractions. The @glasagusban wing of the party.

That tension is not dissimilar to the recent issues in the Greens. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

5 Likes

UP THE RA

2 Likes

:ronnyroar:

Take that Tory Scum.

Big test for Mary Lou McDonald now. She can’t pander to this attempted Corbyning (reference some lad online) of Sinn Féin and needs to come out with a strong defence of Vol Brian Stanley. FG/RIC and their establishment media stooges are basically getting routed on policy and have serious corruption allegations hanging over them. They’re throwing the kitchen sink at it in response and alleging anti-semitism, homophobia, racism and all manner of things.

Stanley shouldn’t have deleted the Kilmichael/Narrow Water tweet; the other one was imprecise but ultimately harmless, and it’s being deliberately misinterpreted. Of course, with a Corbyning you’ll have some dozy bastards in the party allowing themselves to be played like a fiddle and adding fuel to the fire. I had to go to some young wan’s house last night to warn her to stop tweeting criticism of the party.

2 Likes