Sinn Fein - Populism and Partionism

And another point blank refusal to countenance that republicans killed civilians during the WOI and CW.

I’ve given you countless opportunities but you have failed to show you genuinely believe killing civilians is wrong.

And I’d never deny that the Irish State needs to grow up a tad to ever get a UI.

One could argue that the RIC commemoration was an attempt to balance the scales. All of this was 100 years ago now and people still have not got over it.

We have now PSF looking to use memes and tweets to paint Warrenpoint as like Kilmichael. PSF want the next generation to view their conflict that way. The RIC thing underlined the problem with that. How many more generations will it be?

The reality is that the Troubles needed to go into a box like the Irish Civil War as a source of widespread embarrassment. PSF play an active role in trying to continue the rights and wrongs of each event. They pay lip service to things like truth and reconciliation whilst trying to make Warrenpoint their Gettysburg.

And just a quick rehash for posters.

SF weren’t at the table then… Slow learners in Dublin and London had no idea what they were dealing with . Loyalists collapsed it as their dominance over Catholics was being challenged. Slow learners in Dublin and London had no idea what they were up against.

1 Like

Killing civilians is wrong. Deliberately targetting civilians is wrong. Especially children. Including in times of war.

That’s quite simple.

Something the other side did in the same conflict is immaterial and doesn’t justify killing civilians or children.

It’s not immaterial.

You trying to airbrush history now.

Once again, you have evaded the question.

Do you or do you not condemn the actions of republicans in the War of Independence and Irish Civil War?

Say you steal something and I steal something.

Both acts are wrong.

The fact that you stole something doesn’t make it ok that I stole something. Your act is not relevant to whether my act was right or wrong, it is immaterial.

It is the same in a war. If your side targets and kills a child is it ok for my side to target and kill a child? No, of course not. Whatever had happened elsewhere is immaterial, nothing makes it ok for me to target a kill a child, it is wrong.

1 Like

The troubles might need to go in a box but the 40 years previously doesn’t. An apartheid state facilitated by London and Dublin… Should be taught in-depth in schools. A brilliant lesson on what happens when one section of society are ignored by their country men and denied power by another group beset on subjugating them…

3 Likes

Once again, you have evaded the question.

Do you or do you not condemn the actions of republicans in the War of Independence and Irish Civil War?

It’s a simple question that you won’t answer so if you can’t answer that you have no right to make a song and dance out of something you don’t even condemn yourself.

Huh? I’ve made no comment on yere discussion here and rarely talk about the troubles

You’ve made plenty of comments on the troubles in the past.

I just find it odd you felt liable to do so when you just admitted you are completely ignorant to the history of the troubles?

No it was known prior to the vote it would happen. One of the reasons I voted against it. What sickened me later was FF using the McCabe killers as different trying to play politics when the very issue of them specifically was brought up in campaign when FF amongst others told us we had to swallow it.
It’s why I don’t take any sympathy for Ira victims from FFG seriously, it’s just political expediency every time

It’s sinister however they dress it up. It’s worrying that they think it’s normal behavior for a man to call to the door of a young woman’s house and warn her to delete social media posts as damaging to the party.

That’s fascist behavior.

1 Like

No this is fascist behaviour.

That’s all you have. A photo from the 1930s. You ignore that Spin Fein continue to eulogize the IRA chief of staff and Nazi collaborator Sean Russell.

Anyway back to current matter that you want to ignore.

Do you think it’s acceptable for a party member to call to the house of another party member to ask them to delete social media posts as harmful to the party

The young lady has resigned so she obviously felt it was not appropriate.

Spin Fein don’t seem to like any negative publicity and don’t see themselves as accountable. They are revealing their fascist, racist and homophobic colours to any fair minded person.

1 Like

You brought fascism up mate.

Fine Gael brought fascism to Ireland.

Think you’d be better off addressing this rather than deflecting.

1 Like

Going in a box means refraining from glorifying it.

Any ideas where a fella could read about this period. 20s-70s in northern Ireland?

When did these rules come in? Was it after Hiroshima? Dresden?