Sinn Fein - Populism and Partionism

No they’re not.

Nothing cowardly about spending your life behind bars or going on a hunger strike.

If you want to talk about cowardly let’s talk about looking on and doing noting as section of a community are being brutalised, burnded out of their homes and murdered by state security foreces to uphold a sectarian state and protestant ascendancy.

Those numbers are a reflection that the Provos were an incredible military organisation. This has consistently been referenced by British Army commadners.

The truth?

You put forth and random clipped text message as being the truth.

All I’ve served to do is show your hypocrisies, the extent of murder runs far longer and wider on this island than the Provos and that seems to be an uncomfortable truth. Maybe read about Maria Lindsay, Dunmanway and Ballyseedy then come back to me with a more balanced response.

I agree with you on a lot of things but throwing around coward demeans your argument. I wouldn’t have the guts or bottle to leave a bomb somewhere no matter how much I agreed with a cause or how aggrieved I may be. Murderers yes cowards they were not.

A random text message?

No, it’s not - that’s directly from the girl in question herself and contradicts your inaccurate version of events.

So why are you doubling down on the falsehoods you put forward earlier? It’s amazing how utterly naive you are. Would you like to buy some magic beans?

Here we go again.

“Justice” for some acts. For others it’s mealy mouth excuses or trying to lionise the act like Warrenpoint.

Again; this just underlined that the likes of yourself have no interest in a United Ireland. You want to meme your way to rewriting the Troubles. Republicans knew that Good Friday Agreement was just them being slow learners but getting out of prison, jobs, pensions and a shot at prestige for a group of beaten fighters getting older was worth it. New volunteer recruits had collapsed and reality had got into their thick heads.

SF as a political brand needed to die in 1998, it is and was toxic North and south.

Yet the state has no problems eulogising gunmen and killers themselves.

You’re blinded in utter hatred and contradictions.

Varadkar and Martin guffawing over which killer they would hang a portrait of in the office says it all about the contradictions of the violent civil war parties.

That’s not relevant to what I asked you. You’re running away from the point again.

Here’s what I asked you: If a child is shot in the back by one side, does that justify the other side killing a child, or targetting civilians?

The question applies to any conflict situation anywhere. It’s not specific to Ireland.

Can you answer simply?

Except for Good Friday ya know, getting out when it suited.

The only one running away from something here is you. You are the hypocrite here. I think killing a civilian in the 70/80s was as wrong as it was in the 20s. You don’t.

I’m consistent on it and I’ve said it’s wrong, you’re the one who has his moral standards shown up for the mere optics and theatre they are when you’ve been asked. You’ve been the one unwilling to condemn all the violence and civilian death in the 1920s. Why do you defend murder on one hand and laud it on the other?

Not everyone got out.

Republican prisoners spent thousands of years behind bars collectively.

Off topic I know but it really is absolutely mental that all those prisoners on both sides got released after the Good Friday Agreement. I was young at the time so can’t really remember but there must have been serious backlash to that decision?

I think you must be confusing me with someone else or else you’ve made up a conversation with me.

No I haven’t, you have asked the question numerous times and you’ve evaded. You point blank rufuse to countenance that republicans killed civilians in The Civil War and War of Independence and you point blank refuse to condemn. I called your bias out in our first engagement here.

You are a hypocrite.

Not really as I recall. Garda McCabe’s killers seemed to be the really contentious ones and they weren’t release in 1998 with the rest.

Understandably a big part of the IRA buy in centred around such a clause.

A lot more contentious up north I think

Odd that you are such a willing participant in moralising when you are openly ignorant on the troubles and what happened.

If SF were accepted politically sooner, do you think an agreement like the GFA would have been rolled out sooner? I don’t think it was slow learners per se, I think it was a case of forcing themselves to the table. The leadership were stirring the ship that way from a long way out… The slow learning was from Dublin and London if anywhere.

This is incoherent.

I didn’t set out a position. I just asked you a simple question. It was based on the laws of war.

Carry on anyway.

It was also Loyalists who collapsed the Sunningdale Agrement. Some people just haven’t a fucking notion but it doesn’t stop them polluting this thread with ignorance.