Six Nations 2019

You have me all wrong Geoff, I am just appalled at the direction the once great game has taken since it became a professional business. In the great amateur days nothing bettered a full PdP, the cockerel wandering on the pitch, the artist painting the action and the home crowd delighting in brilliant expansive rugby from 15 Frenchmen. Now what has this business become?- empty stands, a team of ‘Frenchmen’ some of whom can’t speak French, and Johnny-come-lately fans who think the benchmark is what the soccer crowd do. I despair!

Agreed

Rugby is dead in oz and dying in France

That leaves 4 countries left

That’s hurtful…you came across as a decent chap when I met you in the Gaelic Grounds

Big coincidence how all the people who couldn’t make it had tickets for the same part of the stand.

Someone said 6000 Wales fans were stranded. There were only 60k people in attendance in an 80K stadium.

The brand is dying. For 30 minutes both teams kicked the ball back to each other hoping for a mistake.

I really hope what they are saying isn’t true because if away fans are now being segregated in rugby then it really is a very dark day. I’d much prefer to think the interest just isn’t there anymore than to think all Welsh fans were to be seated away from the home fans.

What about the 14k unexplained?

The business is in a bad way sadly, people are finally recognising that young lads are being sacrificed to make a small few wealthy.

A Welsh lad got a sickening belt in the head last night. Picamoles wasn’t at fault really but I’d say the lad was in an absolute heap. Davies was calling for him to get up and play on.

Davies also advocated a row at the end where he urged the Welsh players to keep it going to eat into the clock.

If that was a soccer commentator they’d be looking for a new job this morning

Welsh mugged a lot of simpletons off last night I see

Have a great day, mate.
Sorry I couldn’t meet up but we’ll have a catchup in Ennis later in the Summer.

1 Like

That was then. I’m taking no prisoners on the internet now

2 Likes

Read the Telegraph there to get my blood up for the match.

Hows the blood these days Fagan? Are you down to safe levels and free of the Celtic Curse?

Great. Thanks for asking.

6 Likes

Bunch of horrible Ulstermen on the dart here.

Ah now

Playing the soldiers song especially for them/Ireland’s call scrapped

All of south Cork is out and about and seriously giddy about today. Lots of green on show around Douglas… On days like today I love being Irish… No matter what the occasion the whole country gets out and gets behind our own. Ireland by 10.

5 Likes

Wales and Scotland aren’t proper countries so it’s only 2

1 Like